Request: sections on the sidebar fields and custom fields per deal type

Jan Pieter Versluijs
Jan Pieter Versluijs Member Posts: 7
First Anniversary Photogenic

Hi!

I love Pipedrive and as a reseller (we offer a software product in the solar panel market) we have ~25 clients using it. Most of them are quite happy with it.

One nuisance we're having is that adding a number of custom fields soon gets a mess in the sidebar. Having some section headers would really help! See screenshot. 

Would love to hear the view of the Pipedrive product team on this one.

Also, sometimes custom fields differ depending on the pipeline, or the type of organization. Being able to customize these fields depending on the type of business would also really help.

5f24067c03101d55880cb4eb_72935.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2020 #2

I like the idea of having sections.

For fields by deal type, you can have different Pipelines for each deal type.

By doing so, you can mark important/required fields at the Pipeline-Stage level.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @Jan Pieter Versluijs 

Thanks for sharing. So if I get you right you want to categorise fields together, split them up in sections and determine also for which pipeline/stages they are valid?

• Jan Pieter Versluijs
    edited July 2020 #4

Hi @Jan Pieter Versluijs 

Thanks for sharing. So if I get you right you want to categorise fields together, split them up in sections and determine also for which pipeline/stages they are valid?

Yes, correct! 

1. The sections will really help to keep the sidebar neat and clear, especially when more custom fields are required. 
    2. The custom fields per pipeline/organization type helps to hide fields that are not relevant for particular pipelines or organizations. Perhaps the important field feature helps there as well, I must say we haven't properly used that one yet.
  • Jan Pieter Versluijs
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi @Jan Pieter Versluijs 

Yes, correct! 

1. The sections will really help to keep the sidebar neat and clear, especially when more custom fields are required.
    2. The custom fields per pipeline/organization type helps to hide fields that are not relevant for particular pipelines or organizations. Perhaps the important field feature helps there as well, I must say we haven't properly used that one yet.
  • Jan Pieter Versluijs
    edited July 2020 #6

Hi @Jan Pieter Versluijs 

Yes, correct! 

The sections will really help to keep the sidebar neat and clear, especially when more custom fields are required.

The custom fields per pipeline/organization type helps to hide fields that are not relevant for particular pipelines or organizations. Perhaps the important field feature helps there as well, I must say we haven't properly used that one yet.

• Eliot Kersgaard
    Eliot Kersgaard Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #7

Hi @Mike van der Valk! I am also wondering how to do this same thing. Mostly, I would like to have fields that are only visible for certain pipelines since different pipelines require different fields from their being in different verticals. I don't want to clutter other pipelines with these unnecessary fields since that would confuse my colleagues using them and make the whole process less efficient. Can you suggest a method for this? 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited August 2020 #8

Hi @Mike van der Valk! I am also wondering how to do this same thing. Mostly, I would like to have fields that are only visible for certain pipelines since different pipelines require different fields from their being in different verticals. I don't want to clutter other pipelines with these unnecessary fields since that would confuse my colleagues using them and make the whole process less efficient. Can you suggest a method for this? 

Hey!

In the Data fields tab, review each field for the following:

• Detail View
    • Important
    • Required

Set them to 'yes' only for the relevant Pipelines.

If the field is not applicable for a particular pipeline, it will not show up for the deals in the Pipeline if they are not filled.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #9

@Amit Sarda is totally right. Unfortunately as of now it's not possible to fully "hide" certain fields on specific stages and Pipelines and to group them (will share that feedback) but Amit his suggestions will help both of you to organise them better @Jan Pieter Versluijs @Eliot Kersgaard 

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2022 #10

@Jan Pieter Versluijs  I asked for this a while ago. Since we have many custom field and needed to give them some order we created custom field without functionality and added „=========„ to their name to make them look like separators.

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #11

@Jan Pieter Versluijs  I asked for this a while ago. Since we have many custom field and needed to give them some order we created custom field without functionality and added „=========„ to their name to make them look like separators.

Great Idea but definitely a need for sections that can be organized.  +1

• Jan Pieter Versluijs
    edited August 2020 #12

This indeed is a smart workaround. Thanks for sharing!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #13

Smart workaround @Martin Eckardt thanks for sharing. I'll do my best though to make it clear to our team that we need to make this easier in the future!