Technical bugs for Fiscal/Financial Year (FY) - PLEASE FIX!!!

After 4+ years of privately following up Pipedrive developers team, we've had no progress whatsoever so hereby putting out to the community to seek support.  

REQUEST

Pipedrive provide a feature to allow admin users to select a default FY period for their global region and respective country FY reporting regime, adding 1 Jul - 30 Jun period as a new FY (this year) option. 

FISCAL YEARS

a) America and Europe - Pipedrive default FY period (or "this year" is for US and some European countries, being 1 Jan-31 Dec.

b) Global / Asia - There are lots of countries worldwide which use a different FY period, being 1 Jul - 30 Jun.  We request that Pipedrive provide options for users to select this as an alternative default period for creating all deals, reports, dashboards, forecasts. 

Pipedrive need to take a global perspective, here's a list from wiki on varying FY periods globally used by countries. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

PAIN

The default settings and dashboards the Pipedrive create are for US/Europe FY periods, which makes everything redundant for anyone that is outside these regions.  Pipedrive advise that users can create "custom periods" however any user outside America/Europe has to create custom periods, for every single report, dashboard, deal.  This is very time consuming, costly and leaves open for human error, and makes Pipedrive useless unless done for every single input for each organisation. 

While we see custom period as a valuable feature, we do NOT want to have to select and use custom periods for every field, every report, every forecast, every dashboard etc that we need to create in using Pipedrive. 

ALTERNATIVE CRM PLATFORMS lead the way

Salesforce, HubSpot and several other reputable CRM's all offer users ability to select their own default FY period, which makes it easier for all reporting, dashboards and deal management. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @MT !

We're sorry this has been an issue for you and we appreciate your feedback. As far as I'm aware this is not in our immediate roadmap, but it's a suggestion users mention occasionally. 

Although using custom time periods can be a solution, we realize it's not a practical one for reporting, especially if you use it in a lot of reports. For that reason I've made sure your feedback reaches our team internally for consideration in the future.

Thank you so much for your patience!

• Marcus_8938
    Marcus_8938 Posts: 26
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @MT !

We're sorry this has been an issue for you and we appreciate your feedback. As far as I'm aware this is not in our immediate roadmap, but it's a suggestion users mention occasionally. 

Although using custom time periods can be a solution, we realize it's not a practical one for reporting, especially if you use it in a lot of reports. For that reason I've made sure your feedback reaches our team internally for consideration in the future.

Hi Ines, for Pipedrive to truly be a global platform, and for customers in other regions to use, its a "MUST HAVE" feature similar to what Sales Force, HubSpot and other leading CRM's offer as part of their base platform.   If we can kindly get your help to escalate and expedite the feature on behalf of thousands of organisations using Pipedrive globally!  Thankyou

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #4

Hi @MT !

Hi @Marcus . Although I can't promise anything, I've brought up the topic internally to make sure it's considered. Thank you for your input!

• Neil Forrest
    Neil Forrest Posts: 1
    edited April 2 #5

I feel the same,

all the quarters / forecasts etc need to align with a companies financial year,  otherwise its really hard to use.

I might have to switch away  from Pipedrive if you can't specifiy this....

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #6

I feel the same,

all the quarters / forecasts etc need to align with a companies financial year,  otherwise its really hard to use.

I might have to switch away  from Pipedrive if you can't specifiy this....

Hi @Neil Forrest , we appreciate your input and are sorry to hear this has such a negative impact for you. I definitely understand how it can be cumbersome to manually set custom time periods every time.

I discussed this internally with the team and they will take it into consideration for future developments, so there might be a chance this becomes a staple in the future. As priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed, unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. We thank you for your understanding.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Karina Davies
    Karina Davies Posts: 17
    edited April 2 #7

Has there been any progression on this? I'm coming across similar problems as a new user, the calendar year is useless to us as we work on targets etc. for the fiscal year (in our case Apr-Mar). I feel that it should be a 'company setting', so admin set the business year so that 'last quarter' etc. filters actually mean something

• Stanford de Jong
    Stanford de Jong Posts: 10
    edited June 22 #8

I have the same request. I note that there are quite a number of similar requests - in different threads. The requests date back at least two years yet PD product owner(s) have not made this a higher priority to develop.