Is there a way to have e-mail templates sent using a company e-mail (i.e. [email protected]) rather

I'm surprised this is not possible, unless I'm missing something. If I create a workflow to have automated e-mails sent based on automation trigger, looks like that e-mail will always go out with my e-mail address

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Posts: 76
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 24 #2

Good day @Pouyan Torabi . In fact this is not possible. 

The restriction is based on a fundamental architectural decision made by Pipedrive regarding automations. There could be other reasons as well, but this is one with which I am familiar.

The basic idea is that no admin (the account-owner) should be allowed to programmatically  send emails from a user's (employee's) email address. The user must have control over his/her own sent-email-box.

The consequence is that your Pipedrive account can only send emails from the email-address you use to log in (in automations, or manually).

The only workaround would involve using a third party email tool (Mailchimp or any of the many other products available with integrations to Pipedrive), where this restriction won't apply. You can also send such emails using Zapier or Integromat integrations. 

I'd be happy to consult with you on any of these alternatives if you are interested.  Good luck! Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

• Pouyan Torabi
    Pouyan Torabi Posts: 12
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2020 #3

The restriction is based on a fundamental architectural decision made by Pipedrive regarding automations. There could be other reasons as well, but this is one with which I am familiar.

The basic idea is that no admin (the account-owner) should be allowed to programmatically  send emails from a user's (employee's) email address. The user must have control over his/her own sent-email-box.

The consequence is that your Pipedrive account can only send emails from the email-address you use to log in (in automations, or manually).

The only workaround would involve using a third party email tool (Mailchimp or any of the many other products available with integrations to Pipedrive), where this restriction won't apply. You can also send such emails using Zapier or Integromat integrations. 

I'd be happy to consult with you on any of these alternatives if you are interested.  Good luck! Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Thank you @Joseph Valenti 

It still does not make sense to me, there has to be a secure solution PD can implement for this. For example allow associating a generic company email address to the account ([email protected]) where the mailbox authorizes PD to send emails on behalf of that mailbox.

The workaround which I implemented is to create another user, associate that generic sales mailbox to the user, and then create the workflow through this new user. Ultimately achieves the same thing that I wanted but it now cost me an extra seat that I don’t really need. It seems a bit excessive. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited August 2020 #4

Hi @Pouyan Torabi !

The reason why we decided to design it this way is to prevent potential abuse where user A sends emails on behalf of user B without user B's knowledge.

That being said, we have been made aware that especially for automations and email marketing or mass emailing a lot of companies prefer to use a "general" email address from which the messages are sent. For that reason I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration in the future. Thank you for your patience!