Creating email-drafts via the API

Is there anyway to create/manage a draft or an email via API? Or at least just the Email templates?

I can't find it when looking in the API and it isn't syncing my drafts from Gmail :(

If not possible, Is there someway to at least add the Pipedrive-tracking to my own emails for example via the bcc-email-address? An example could be to send the email via gmail, bcc the Pipedrive-email and then still see the openings and link-clicks :)

What I want to do is create the emails via our backend and then making sure that the only thing the sales-person should do is adding a relevant image, double check the email and click send. But I want to be able to create the email message (or template) via our API :)

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Paulo_82
    Paulo_82 Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 8
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited April 29 #2

Hey there Andreas, unfortunately at the moment we do not have any public endpoint related to email or email composer, so there is no way to do it via our API. And about the tracking, Pipedrive will track just the items sent from inside the app neither if you BCC it will be possible to check the tracking activity there. 

But that's a good feedback for our team, I've tagged your message with feedback topic as well.  

• Andreas Nielsen
    Andreas Nielsen Posts: 3
    edited April 29 #3

Is there no possible way to do something like this Paulo? 

We really need this because otherwise we're just blindly sending emails without knowing what actually drives opens, clicks and replies. 

Can we mock your internal API?

• Paulo_82
    Paulo_82 Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 8
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 24 #4

Hey Andreas, I've checked here and well, we do have some publics endpoints for email, but they are not documented so they can change without any announcement, while from publicly documented endpoints there is usually an announcement in advance! If you are familiar on how requests work in browser, then you can check the network tab while creating email draft/email template inside our app.
    These requests can be made from outside of Pipedrive app using api_token as a query parameter

• Andreas Nielsen
    Andreas Nielsen Posts: 3
    edited March 2020 #5
    Paulo said:

Hey Andreas, I've checked here and well, we do have some publics endpoints for email, but they are not documented so they can change without any announcement, while from publicly documented endpoints there is usually an announcement in advance! If you are familiar on how requests work in browser, then you can check the network tab while creating email draft/email template inside our app.
    These requests can be made from outside of Pipedrive app using api_token as a query parameter

Thank you so much Paulo ❤