Are email updates in Pipedrive automatically updated in Mailchimp if connected in Settings?

Bart Kohnhorst
Bart Kohnhorst Member Posts: 12
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Question re Settings/Integrations/Mailchimp

I connected my Pipedrive to Mailchimp (free) for newsletters and other notifications. I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that as I added names and emails to my Pipedrive that it would update Mailchimp and that unsubscribes were managed on the Mailchimp side. 

In my latest campaign I've noticed that the emails are not being updated. One of my contacts left their employer and I changed their email to another company. The email I sent out went to the old email address.

I'd like to use Pipedrive as the master location for the contact info. Is this possible while automatically updating Mailchimp?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst !

The native integration between Pipedrive and Mailchimp is a static one, so it doesn't update live. What you need to do is export the contact list from Pipedrive into Mailchimp to update it. Additionally, data is only sent from Pipedrive into Mailchimp (not the other way around). Learn more about this here.

Alternatively, check out the integrations from our marketplace that allow you to do more between Pipedrive and Mailchimp. I did a quick search for you, see here.

• Bart Kohnhorst
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst !

The native integration between Pipedrive and Mailchimp is a static one, so it doesn't update live. What you need to do is export the contact list from Pipedrive into Mailchimp to update it. Additionally, data is only sent from Pipedrive into Mailchimp (not the other way around). Learn more about this here.

Alternatively, check out the integrations from our marketplace that allow you to do more between Pipedrive and Mailchimp. I did a quick search for you, see here.

Thanks Ines. Last question: If I follow the instructions (https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/207469325-MailChimp) and re-export all my contacts from Pipedrive into Mailchimp it states that it will not duplicate the records. Do you know if that applies also to the email records that I have archived in Mailchimp? In other words, does Mailchimp preserve the status of these emails or does Pipedrive overide and that they will need to be re-categorized? I don't want to lose all the email housekeeping I've already done.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #4

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst !

Happy to help, @Bart Kohnhorst . I'm afraid I don't have that specific knowledge, so I suggest you test it out with a dummy contact you create in Mailchimp and in PIpedrive, or reach out to our Support team so they can help you further.

• Fadi Eliya_15116
    Fadi Eliya_15116 Member Posts: 2
    Integration Partner
    edited February 2022 #5

Hey @Bart Kohnhorst - if you are looking for a more robust option for syncing your Pipedrive with your Mailchimp contacts - Target Robot  is probably a better option for you. 

Target Robot is made to sync your contacts across both platforms seamlessly and in real-time. We add custom tags in Mailchimp based upon your Sales Pipeline, so that your Sales & Marketing teams can work better together.

We also provide marketing insights from Mailchimp into Pipedrive so that you can give your Sales a complete picture of their customer journey.

Let me know if you have any questions but we would love to have you try Target Robot  for free.

• Bart Kohnhorst
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #6

Hey @Bart Kohnhorst - if you are looking for a more robust option for syncing your Pipedrive with your Mailchimp contacts - Target Robot  is probably a better option for you. 

Target Robot is made to sync your contacts across both platforms seamlessly and in real-time. We add custom tags in Mailchimp based upon your Sales Pipeline, so that your Sales & Marketing teams can work better together.

We also provide marketing insights from Mailchimp into Pipedrive so that you can give your Sales a complete picture of their customer journey.

Let me know if you have any questions but we would love to have you try Target Robot  for free.

Thanks Fadi. This looks promising. I've taken a different tack for now and will definitely keep this on the radar.