Automatically send email based on deal close date

Brandon Wood_1990
Brandon Wood_1990 Member Posts: 51
5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Is there a way to add a automation that will automatically send an email OR add an activity based on the expected deal closing date getting closer? It would be nice for me to have an email activity added, or an template email sent, a few days prior to expected closing date. Maybe I am missing this but I cannot seem to find how to do this. 

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2020 #2

You can set this up through Zapier

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #3

Date based triggers for Workflow Automation are planned. As it's technically challenging for our team it will still take a while, but it's in the plans!

• Rebecca Molstad
    Rebecca Molstad Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2021 #4

Date based triggers for Workflow Automation are planned. As it's technically challenging for our team it will still take a while, but it's in the plans!

Is this still planned? This would be extremely helpful.

• Rebecca Molstad
    Rebecca Molstad Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2021 #5

Is this still planned? This would be extremely helpful.

• Sylwester
    Sylwester Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6

Is there any planned date to release Date Based Triggers ? We are in need of those. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #7
    Sylwester said:

Is there any planned date to release Date Based Triggers ? We are in need of those. 

Hi @Sylwester let me do some digging and try to see if I can find an answer here ;) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #8
    Sylwester said:

Hi @Sylwester it turns out to be pretty complex and we need to refractor a bunch of other things in the product. It's in the plans but no ETA to give right now because of the ground work we still need to do for it.

• Sylwester
    Sylwester Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #9
    Sylwester said:

How big on your priority list is it? 7 months ago it was also in the plans. I am asking as we are not yet fully setup on Pipedrive and if it is gonna take another year, we will probably chose other platform. 

The data based triggers are important for us to automate recovery of lost baskets.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #10
    Sylwester said:

Hi @Sylwester 

I understand from our team it's planned for Q4 this year. This is a date thought that can change earlier or later over time depending on many factors.

I understand you wanted to hear sooner but it turns out that we need to still do a lot of ground work to make it happen...

• Sylvie Maclean
    Sylvie Maclean Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #11

Hi there, I'm hoping to find a way to create an activity reminder to mark a deal as won/lost after the expected close date. 

Will this be part of what is currently in the works to be ready in a few months? 

Thanks!

• Tim_18605
    Tim_18605 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2021 #12
    Sylwester said:

Curious if this is something that has been implemented yet? we're definitely "desperate" for this as it would help streamline our email automation in a HUGE way

• Ed Brunt
    Ed Brunt Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #13

Has there been any progress on this?

I am currently looking for a CRM for my team and was looking into Pipedrive as that potential solution however being able to send emails and set tasks a set amount of time prior to a date is something we really need as part of that solution.

I could set this up through Zapier however if we are paying for a system we would like to be all part of the same unit.

Probably worth mentioning as well that the date we would be using for this is from a custom field not something that is a default within Pipedrive.

Thanks.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

I am also very interested in this capability for date-based triggers, for the sake of our customers.

I regret that the absence of date-based triggers (this one "little" feature) forces many of our customers in the hands of Zoho and others.

Specifically, we need:

1. When a deal is in a certain status (not arriving, not leaving, just "in" a defined status), send an email TEMPLATE with a specified frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
    2. When a custom-field (a date) is X-days in the future (or Y-days in the past), send an email TEMPLATE just once.

I would be thrilled to hear that progress is being made on this topic.

Joseph Valenti joe@brokrbindr.com 514-444-1556

• Dan Deibert
    Dan Deibert Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Yes to this. We very much need this.

I guess the ship has sailed on that Q4 2021 target date. :-(