Zapier integration is poor

Options
Tim Milazzo
Tim Milazzo Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

It's great that Pipedrive is adding more native Automation features. It really is.

BUT it's never going to be as powerful as Zapier, which connects to tens of thousands of apps. Pipedrive should be doing what it can to support an API ecosystem, and Zapier is an important player there.

Pipedrive's integration with Zapier is sub-par, particularly as a Trigger. It can trigger an action based on a number of actions, but it does not allow filtering akin to what you can do in Automation. The most important missing one is applying filters like "ischanged", at least on key fields, so you can trigger actions when a deal is newly Won.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

There is no more "ischanged" because it happens instantly. There is no more delay like there was before.

• Tim Milazzo
    edited March 2020 #3
    Options

There is no more "ischanged" because it happens instantly. There is no more delay like there was before.

It has nothing to do with delays. If you want to trigger an action in Zapier when a deal is newly Won, you can't.

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited January 2022 #4
    Options

Use "Deals Matching Filter" -- https://take.ms/uDDWs

then just make a filter thats all won deals

then">

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

A diametrically opposite view: I think Pipedrive should focus more on making Workflow Automation more robust and more feature-rich (not that it is not already).

For example, for time-based events (creating activities), instead of the existing options (1, 2, 3,... days/weeks/months),  I would like a field that uses # days from the timestamp. For example, create an activity that is 37 days from today, or from a date field.

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited May 2021 #6
    Options

A diametrically opposite view: I think Pipedrive should focus more on making Workflow Automation more robust and more feature-rich (not that it is not already).

For example, for time-based events (creating activities), instead of the existing options (1, 2, 3,... days/weeks/months),  I would like a field that uses # days from the timestamp. For example, create an activity that is 37 days from today, or from a date field.

agreed! 

• Tim Milazzo
    edited March 2020 #7
    Options

That's a deep rabbit hole. Pipedrive isn't going to beat Salesforce at its own game. Arm the Zapiers of the world and then compete by staying simple and working well.