Expected close date

Options
Bid Team
Bid Team Member Posts: 1

Is there a way of an alert/reminder being sent to deal followers on the expected close date for an open deal?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jordan Glass !

At the moment this is not possible with Pipedrive's native features but I suggest you explore using an integration from our marketplace, like Zapier or Automate.io - check them out here.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable using API directly, we've just released two new endpoints for "expected close date", see here.

That being said, I see how those types of notifications might be useful and I've forwarded your suggestion to our team so they can take it into consideration for future development.

• Tom Garfield
    Tom Garfield Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hello, just jumping in on this old request to say I'd really appreciate this feature to. 

It would be great to be able to set up an automation that sets a reminder to follow up on the expected close date. As I am also using that date to populate the date I have told the client I will follow up with them in a sales document template.

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2021 #4
    Options

Hello, just jumping in on this old request to say I'd really appreciate this feature to. 

It would be great to be able to set up an automation that sets a reminder to follow up on the expected close date. As I am also using that date to populate the date I have told the client I will follow up with them in a sales document template.

Hi @Tom Garfield ! A simple way to achieve that is to create an activity for that same date and a reminder will automatically pop up. Depending on how you have your email notifications set up, you can also get an email notification about it.

I can also tell you that there are exciting improvements to Automations in the horizon, stay tuned ;)

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

🔎 Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic!

• Tom Garfield
    Tom Garfield Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

thanks for your answer that's a good idea for now. 

I look forward to seeing the exciting things coming up as I adore automation!

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options

And we adore hearing that! They're only going to get even better, make sure to follow the links in my reply above and you'll always be on top of what's happening. :)

• Kate Walker
    Kate Walker Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2021 #7
    Options

Hi Ines

I have a similar challenge that I'm hoping you can help me with. 

We do a lot of reporting based on a 'Quote Submission Date' field and we want to be able to create a reminder if the Quote submission Date has passed, but the deal is still in 'Estimation in progress'. Essentially, we want to remind the deal owner that the quote is due OR to update the quote submission date to a new date (if they have an extension for example). 

I can only seem to trigger an automation on this if the field has changed, but not when the date has passed.
    Do you have any suggestions for how to achieve this ?

Thanks 

• Motii Team
    Motii Team Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Hi @Jordan Glass !

At the moment this is not possible with Pipedrive's native features but I suggest you explore using an integration from our marketplace, like Zapier or Automate.io - check them out here.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable using API directly, we've just released two new endpoints for "expected close date", see here.

That being said, I see how those types of notifications might be useful and I've forwarded your suggestion to our team so they can take it into consideration for future development.

Hi @Inês Batata and Pipedrive team of tech wizards

It's been a year since this post and I am also dreaming of the day there is a notification for the expected close date.. or the use of activities triggered off a date field.

I know you have been progressing with these features - any inside news here?

:) Amber

• Sylvie Maclean
    Sylvie Maclean Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Hi @Jordan Glass !

we would also really like this feature. we do all our reporting of sales post expected close date, and currently do a lot of manual filtering to ensure we don't miss anything - would be a lot more efficient to automatically set an activity to complete reporting

• Samuel Schmidt
    Options

We would also really appreciate being able to create a workflow that triggers when an Expected Close Date is nearing (or has past).