Required fields update 🚀

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Since this week you'll be able to set wether certain fields are required when marking a deal as won or lost.

This update will help make sure all necessary information is there when closing deals.
Read more about required fields here.

ANgxDQ

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,518
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #3
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #4
  • Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    Hossein Mohsenian_8278 Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5

@Mike van der Valk Good job and thanks for the update! However this is only available for professional and enterprise, we are in 'advanced' package. I am not sure why any feature we see useful is only provided in the best two packages and not in the other packages.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #6

@Mike van der Valk Good job and thanks for the update! However this is only available for professional and enterprise, we are in 'advanced' package. I am not sure why any feature we see useful is only provided in the best two packages and not in the other packages.

Hi @Hossein Mohsenian I'm sorry but I can't tell what fully goes in these pricing decisions. I will pass on your feedback though.

As I replied in the other thread, it is also possible to actually use workflow automation for this. 

You can set that when a deal status is changed to won but a certain field is empty the automation updates that deal back to an open state. Another step can then be for example to send the person changing the deal status and email to warn them why the deal reopened.

• Sabrina S
    Sabrina S Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #7

@Amit Sarda have you tried using it? There is a big catch there. If you make a field mandatory on last stage of your pipeline it makes it mandatory for declaring win as well which is absolutely incorrect. @Mike van der Valk how do we solve this? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #8

@Sabrina can you tell me about your use case a bit so I can pass it on to the team. The idea is that if a field is important in any stage of the pipeline it should also always be there when winning a deal. In what case shouldn't it be?

• Wojciech Wilczynski
    Wojciech Wilczynski Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020 #9

@Mike van der Valk I have a use case where Marking deal as lost  needs a different set of requirements for each stage of our Pipeline.

We have a 3 stage pipeline - Suspect > Prospect > Lead and only in the last stage the deal can be set as Won. Obviously it can be Lost on any of the stages.

In Prospect, we have a field called Brief accepted  (Yes/No options) which we require to be mandatory. The problem is, that when the deal is suppose to be Lost in the Suspect stage Pipedrive askes for filling in a field that we only need in the Prospect stage. Naturally it cannot be filled in because the client relation didn't grow enough to even talk about exchanging briefs.

Is there a way to achieve this with your current feature set?

• Wojciech Wilczynski
    edited February 2022 #10

@Mike van der Valk  Also, there seems to be a bug in the pop-up which asks for mandatory fields when a user presses the "Lost" button.

In the case when there are no mandatory fields, the pop-up asks for filling in the reason, then sets the deal as lost.

If there are, the pop-up asks for filling out the fields, then when the user hits save sets the deal as lost, and only then asks for filling in the reason. I expect some deals to have an empty reason field with this flow (some sales reps can just hit cancel and the deal remais as "Lost") and assume it's a bug.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2020 #11

@Mike van der Valk  Also, there seems to be a bug in the pop-up which asks for mandatory fields when a user presses the "Lost" button.

In the case when there are no mandatory fields, the pop-up asks for filling in the reason, then sets the deal as lost.

If there are, the pop-up asks for filling out the fields, then when the user hits save sets the deal as lost, and only then asks for filling in the reason. I expect some deals to have an empty reason field with this flow (some sales reps can just hit cancel and the deal remais as "Lost") and assume it's a bug.

Hey, @Wojciech Wilczynski 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the "mandatory fields"!

I am not entirely sure I follow exactly the steps to reproduce the bug.

Do you mind reaching out to our support@pipedrive.com or via in-app chat, so that we can troubleshoot it and see what is happening on your account?

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Wojciech Wilczynski
    edited November 2020 #12

1. Create some fields and make them required for "Lost" with Marking deal as lost
    2. Create a deal
    3. Enter the deal's details view
    4. Click "Lost"
    5. Fill in the required fileds and hit save
    6. You should be prompted to enter a reason for losing the deal. Instead of writing anything just hit Cancel.
    7. Refresh the page

The deal should be marked as Lost even though no reason for losing has been provided.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #13

Hi @Wojciech Wilczynski 

Regarding the flow you just described. I tested it with and without required fields. In both cases when you hit cancel on setting a lost reason the deal is put back as open on the pipeline for me.

Regarding your other question. You can actually select what fields are mandatory per stage in your pipeline. From your example I understand you don't need specific fields when marking something as "lost" just when they are in a certain stage in general. So just uncheck the fact that lost deals have mandatory fields and set them up on the right stages and you should be good.

• Bruno França
    Bruno França Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #14

Hi @Mike van der Valk . 
    Why the option "Appears in 'Add deal' view" is selected (and locked) for required fields?

See this topic please: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/re-required-fields-5f2f5140c898dc3661c16951 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #15

Hi @Mike van der Valk . 
    Why the option "Appears in 'Add deal' view" is selected (and locked) for required fields?

See this topic please: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/re-required-fields-5f2f5140c898dc3661c16951 

Hi @Bruno França thanks for writing. I'm going to poke our team again about this one thanks for reminding!