Contact Creation: Use Domain to detect Organization

Martin Eckardt
Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
5 Up Votes First Comment

When creating a contact from an email it would be great if Pipedrive could detect the organization with the domain if other people from the organization are already added:

Example:

john.doe@nike.com is a contact with the organization "Nike Ltd."

When mary.miller@nike.com writes me an email and I add her as a contact, the organization should be prefilled with "Nike Ltd."

Common domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com should be ignored.

3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #2

Thank you for your feedback @Martin Eckardt !

I can see how this could save some work and, although I can't promise anything, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration in future developments. 

• Athol Birtley
    Athol Birtley Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #3

Very surprised to see that this isn't already a feature. 

But even more importantly, I think, is that you shouldn't have to manually create the contact in the first place. If a new email comes in from jane.smith@nike.com, and we have an organisation with website www.nike.com or contacts with @nike.com email address, then it should create a new contact for Jane Smith and add her to the Nike organisation.

Currently, it's a hugely annoying manual process which is often forgotten, meaning a massive amount of value from Pipedrive is not being realised, and mistakes can easily be made.

I think there should be:

• A company-wide setting for whether to auto-detect organisation from email address
    • A company-wide setting for whether to create new contacts when emails are received in the inbox
    • Per-organisation settings to override these global default (eg, for massive international organisations it might get confusing)
    • A list of domains to ignore (eg gmail, hotmail, etc)
  • Erik Christensen
    Erik Christensen Member Posts: 41
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #4

This is really necessary.

Seems like a no-brainer a CRM would have this ability.

Speeds up workflows.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2020 #5

This is really necessary.

Seems like a no-brainer a CRM would have this ability.

Speeds up workflows.

Thank you for your feedback @Erik Christensen !

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. 

However, we have made sure our team will consider your suggestions for future developments. Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Nathan Venezia
    Nathan Venezia Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #6

Hey, any update on this feature ?

• Tim Flannery
    Tim Flannery Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022 #7

+1 here

• Philippe Sang_51338
    Philippe Sang_51338 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #8

Must have you need to add ASAP

• Jake Sigal
    Jake Sigal Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #9

Been a Pipedrive user for years waiting for this feature to be built. We have a number of new contacts coming in that end up recreating and duplicating an organization. This is a pretty big miss IMO to not have the ability to assign a domain *@domainabc.com to a specific org by default.

• Paul Evans
    Paul Evans Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #10

Thank you for your feedback @Martin Eckardt !

I can see how this could save some work and, although I can't promise anything, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration in future developments. 

Hello! I came across this thread. It has been a year since the last comment. I have just taken over as admin for my company. I am shocked to find organizations / accounts are not associated with a domain name and in turn, contacts can't be associated with companies by their email. I am vetted a lots CRMs and implemented a few over the years. This is a feature that is basic. If this feature is not added soon, I will have to move the company to a new CRM. 

• Leo_81277
    Leo_81277 Member Posts: 14
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes

Also looking for this feature since a long time.

Any news here @Manuel Oliveira ? :)

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Leo_81277 , while it does not work exactly the same as in the description above, Pipedrive already has the Smart Contact Data feature. Nevertheless, your feedback will be taken to the team in charge of that feature for research.

• Leo_81277
    Leo_81277 Member Posts: 14
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes

Hi thanks for the quick reply. We already know that feature but are not using it really, as we cannot add some of those fields automatically to the contact or organization. (e.g. filling all person or organization profiles automatically with the found linkedin profile URL)

Or is this somehow possible?

Btw: Our main concern is, that contacts are not auto-assigned to organizations with the same URL. This leads to a lot of manual work on our side. Please add this asap. :)

• dwightbailey
    dwightbailey Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment

HubSpot has this feature where contacts are associated to a company based on email and domain name.