Insights Reports for FY/Quarterly Periods - BUG PLEASE FIX

FY / FISCAL YEARS and QUARTERLY REPORTING in Insights

As outlined to Pipedrive previously, the FY / Fiscal Years are by default always US/Europe FY period (1 Jan to 31 Dec). Unfortunately, the rest of the world who have FY period being 1 Jul - 30 Jun, means that all other global users have to create custom dates for every single report and dashboard, and also limits the way data is shown.  The current Quarterly reporting and dashboards are misleading and data becomes completely redundant, even with selection of custom dates when creating reports as still showing up as US/Europe quarterly reporting periods.  

US/Europe Quarterly Reporting Periods

Q1 1 Jan-31 Mar

Q2 1 Ap-30 Jun 

Q3 1 Jul-30 Sept

Q4 1 Oct-31 Dec

OTHER COUNTRIES with different Quarterly Reporting periods - REPORTS NEED TO SHOW DATA FOR THESE PERIODS (not US/Europe Quarterly periods)

For all other countries, example in Australia, NZ and many Asian countries, the Quarterly reporting and fiscal periods are:

Q1 1 Jul-30 Sept

Q2 1 Oct-31 Dec

Q3 1 Jan-31 Mar

Q4 1 Apr-30 Jun

Hope this helps. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited August 2020 #2

Thank you for your feedback @Marcus , and we really appreciate how thorough you were.

This is something that has been on our backlog of ideas, unfortunately right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers, as well as our development resources, and this one hasn't made the cut yet, sadly. 

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. Thank you so much for your patience and do keep giving us constructive feedback like this, it's how we can make Pipedrive better. 🚀

• Mike McNally
    Mike McNally Posts: 4
    edited February 25 #3

I  see the value in Marcus' request, however if this functionality was to be developed I believe it should be added to the Company Settings as as a variable.  Many companies have individual Fiscal Years.  For example my current company uses  1September through 31August, and my prior company used 1April to 31March. 

Setting this up as a variable should then allow the Insight reporting to include a FY designation for quarterly and annual results.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited January 2021 #4

I  see the value in Marcus' request, however if this functionality was to be developed I believe it should be added to the Company Settings as as a variable.  Many companies have individual Fiscal Years.  For example my current company uses  1September through 31August, and my prior company used 1April to 31March. 

Setting this up as a variable should then allow the Insight reporting to include a FY designation for quarterly and annual results.

Thank you for your input @Mike McNally ! It's not quite a custom fiscal year setting yet but it might help: Custom period selection available in Insights for all plans. @Marcus I think you'll be interested in this too.

Your suggestions make a lot of sense. At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. 

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.