Automatic Pinned Note feature request

Options
Matthew Johnson_778
Matthew Johnson_778 Member Posts: 3
First Comment

Hello! 

My team would like to request a feature where we can pin a skeleton note at the start of each new deal in PipeDrive. Ideally, this would just be a simple automation for us to keep track of target pricing, competitors, etc. 

Is this feasible? Are there any current features like this that can work on a deal-by-deal basis?

The idea is almost like the "Details" section you get when viewing an organization, but for each individual deal.

MJ

Comments

• Khaled ALgasem
    Khaled ALgasem Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Matthew,

I use automation to create a new note for each stage. this note includes the required steps for this stage.

does it make sense?

• Tony Howell_2901
    Tony Howell_2901 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020 #3
    Options

Hi Matthew,

I use automation to create a new note for each stage. this note includes the required steps for this stage.

does it make sense?

I tried to create this but couldn't see where a new "DEAL" (rather than stage) would add a pinned note - Note  was the one Activity I didn't see I could add

• Michał Bułakowski
    Michał Bułakowski Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Hi there  @Matthew Johnson

Drop me a message with some more details: michal.bulakowski@develocraft.com 

https://develocraft.com/

Best, Mike 

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

It's actually really simple to do with a 3rd party automation tool like Integromat (or Zapier).  You trigger when a deal is created, and then the next action is "Create a Note" and one of the parameters is to pin the note to the deal, "Yes or No" and so you just click Yes. It's actually all quite simple once you get familiar with the tool you use. I recommend Integromat, it's much more powerful and versatile than Zapier, but Zapier may be easier to get started with. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Hi Matthew,

does it make sense?

Hi @Matthew Johnson and @Tony Howell !

Unfortunately at the moment it's not possible to automatically add a note the moment a deal is created, but I've sent your suggestion to the team in charge of Workflow Automations so they can consider it in future developments. 🙂

In the meantime I would suggest using one of the integrations from our marketplace, as they allow you to create automations outside the scope of our native feature. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Hope that helps! 

• Matthew Johnson_778
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options

It's actually really simple to do with a 3rd party automation tool like Integromat (or Zapier).  You trigger when a deal is created, and then the next action is "Create a Note" and one of the parameters is to pin the note to the deal, "Yes or No" and so you just click Yes. It's actually all quite simple once you get familiar with the tool you use. I recommend Integromat, it's much more powerful and versatile than Zapier, but Zapier may be easier to get started with. 

@Martin Boonzaayer, I've dived into Integromat and really appreciate you telling me about this tool. 

However, I'm now having an issue where I can't get it to just create one note when a deal is created... The tool either runs continuously and fills my deal with 20 notes per minute or it doesn't run at all. Any troubleshooting advice on how to get it to run just once whenever you create a new note? Should be about the simplest thing to create and yet I'm still having problems!

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

@Matthew Johnson it seems you have it setup correctly - triggering on a new deal event. I'm not sure what is happening - and unfortunately I'm not really in a position to help you troubleshoot with the limited info I have here. But their support staff is excellent, and they also have a great facebook community that you can post questions as well. I do know it will work for you as I have created this exact automation. 

• Matthew Johnson_778
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options

Thanks Martin. I'll get it figured out! Appreciate the help.