Restrict external user access to a pipeline

Cat Morgan
Cat Morgan Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Just getting set up for the first time. 

We have a business partner that wants access to their pipeline. We have 3 x pipelines and only want to give them access to one. How do I do this - under Teams? 

We are on the lowest plan so assume we have to upgrade. Do external users also have to pay the upgraded sub price? 

PS - I don't want to have to add them to each opportunity as a follower - too high maintenance

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #2

Hi @Cat Morgan !

Typically only your coworkers would also have access to Pipedrive and the data in it, not your customers or suppliers. This is regardless of what tier you're on. Once you add someone as a Pipedrive user, depending on the visibility and permissions given to them, they can potentially see (and edit) all the data in the account, so this is something to be considered carefully; adding a user will also have a charge in your bill, as Pipedrive is billed per number of users.

It's also not possible to "hide" pipelines - what you can do it make the deals that live in those pipelines not visible to certain users, but the pipelines themselves will always show up.

If you do wish to go ahead and add your business partner as a user, follow these instructions: How can I add a user?

However, I would suggest talking to our Support team first and explaining to them what your end goal is, so they can advise you on the best solution for what you want to achieve. 🙂