Can't add custom fields into Insights report view

Options
Chris Willoughby
Chris Willoughby Member Posts: 3

I've just started using 'Insights' instead of reports, and weekly I look at the number of new deals in our pipelines.

I have used the "Deals Started" view, but cant seem to add any custom fields to the report preview or the report pop-up.

I need the ability to view a custom field called 'Lead Source' so i can see where all my deals are coming from each week. I used to be able to add this field to the view in the old reports feature, but not insights.

Is this able to be done??

Comments

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Chris Willoughby !

Thank you for sharing your feedback! 

What field type is "Lead source" in your account? If it's not a text field and you are on a Professional plan then it should be available in Insights.

Weird, because custom fields were never supported in the old reports. Did you mean the list view?

• Emily Busboom
    Emily Busboom Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I'm having this problem too. I'm not trying to create the report off a custom field, but I would like to customize the columns in detailed deal report. It's frustrating that Pipedrive won't allow me to do this.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

I'm having this problem too. I'm not trying to create the report off a custom field, but I would like to customize the columns in detailed deal report. It's frustrating that Pipedrive won't allow me to do this.

Hi @Emily Busboom !

See in the image below how you can achieve this. @Chris Willoughby I think this might be what you're trying to do too?

• Emily Busboom
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

It doesn't work. It has a glitch. I've reported it but there are certain columns it won't let me add.

• Chris Willoughby
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Hi, No the field is not in that list at all. The field is a custom text field.

• Chris Willoughby
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options
    Seda said:

Hi @Chris Willoughby !

Thank you for sharing your feedback! 

What field type is "Lead source" in your account? If it's not a text field and you are on a Professional plan then it should be available in Insights.

Weird, because custom fields were never supported in the old reports. Did you mean the list view?

Hi @Seda 

The "Lead Source" field is a custom text field.

It could always be seen when I clicked on the "Leads Started" view in reports and the list view popped up. I cant seem to achieve this at all with the Insights functions.

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

@Chris Willoughby like my colleague @Seda  mentioned, if it's not a text field and you are on a Professional plan then it should be available in Insights, so the issue here it that it is a text field, I'm afraid.

@Emily Busboom can you check if the columns it won't let you add are text-type of custom fields, please? If that's not the case, please reach out to our SUpport team so they can help you troubleshoot further, if you haven't yet. Thank you for your understanding! How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

• Rebecca_5922
    Rebecca_5922 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

I would like to report on custom fields too! Would be good to know when insights supports this

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #10
    Options
    Rebecca said:

I would like to report on custom fields too! Would be good to know when insights supports this

Hi @Rebecca , we appreciate your feedback!

Custom fields in Insights is definitely in our plans but we can't give an ETA at the moment. In this post you'll find the improvements that are next up in line for Insights.

Here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Emily Busboom
    edited September 2020 #11
    Options

@Inês Batata So there is no way to add custom text fields to a report that we can export? Even if the report itself is pivoting on a different field?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #12
    Options

@Emily Busboom Unfortunately not at the moment. The alternative would be to create that report using a filter in a List View and export rom there, for now. Our apologies for this inconvenience. 

We do appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

• RedZinc
    RedZinc Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #13
    Options
    Rebecca said:

Any update please on adding custom text fields to the insights table view? 

Thanks

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #14
    Options
    Rebecca said:

@RedZinc  We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. We will surely announce it here in Community when it goes live. Thank you for your understanding.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

🔎 Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #15
    Options

It doesn't work. It has a glitch. I've reported it but there are certain columns it won't let me add.

Hi @Emily Busboom , I'm sorry to hear you're having this inconvenience and apologies for my belated reply.

Please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and try again: How do I clear my browser's cache and cookies?

If the issue persists and if you haven't done it already, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you. For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication, as Community is more focused on exchanging knowledge, experiences and ideas. Thank you!

• Lance Harrison
    Lance Harrison Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #16
    Options

same issue-  We switched to Professional on Friday hoping we could pull the custom fields for a vital report but it does  not show the custom fields.

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited December 2020 #17
    Options

same issue-  We switched to Professional on Friday hoping we could pull the custom fields for a vital report but it does  not show the custom fields.

Hello @Lance Harrison, thank you for pointing this out. 

As my colleagues previously said, there are a few custom fields types that are not available yet but we're working to have them soon. If you have more doubts, feel free to reach out to our Support team via support@pipedrive.com.

• Toni Michel
    Toni Michel Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #18
    Options

I have the same issue.

Wanted to create a custom report based on custom field.
    As I was on the Advanced plan I saw a disabled section "Custom field" with the field, I wanted to filter on. So I followed the call to action and upgraded to professional.

Now I cant select my custom deal fields. Neither in the filtering conditions nor in the segmentation dropdown.

That's frustrating @pipedrive

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    edited January 2021 #19
    Options

I have the same issue.

Wanted to create a custom report based on custom field.
    As I was on the Advanced plan I saw a disabled section "Custom field" with the field, I wanted to filter on. So I followed the call to action and upgraded to professional.

Now I cant select my custom deal fields. Neither in the filtering conditions nor in the segmentation dropdown.

That's frustrating @pipedrive

Oh, I am sorry to hear about it, Toni!

And indeed, it does sound like a bug to me.

But, I am happy that you reached out already to our support and Rodrigo is on it as far as I can see!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Jake Ritter
    Jake Ritter Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #20
    Options

I am having the same issue. Support has been attempting to assist, but there has been no luck. My team is very eager to get this fixed. This was one of the main drivers that led us to choose Pipedrive over other systems. 

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #21
    Options

I am having the same issue. Support has been attempting to assist, but there has been no luck. My team is very eager to get this fixed. This was one of the main drivers that led us to choose Pipedrive over other systems. 

Hi @Jake Ritter , I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience. 

I can see my colleague Menna from Support has been in touch with you. Can you check her last message, so she can help you troubleshoot and escalate the case if necessary? 

For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication. Thank you!

• Erki Pähklamägi
    Erki Pähklamägi Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2021 #22
    Options

Up!!! Would be awesome to have the "text fields" visible on insight!

Also keeping an eye on whats planned! ;)

• Jake Ritter
    Jake Ritter Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021 #23
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata , the issue seemed to resolve itself. Thank you for the assistance. Also, do you know if it is going to be possible to probability weight a projection based upon a currency in a custom field? For example, if we have a split 50/50 and want to show that split as being probability weighted. 

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited March 2021 #24
    Options

Hi @Jake Ritter!
    Happy to hear the initial issue got resolved. As to your question, please reach out to our Support via support@pipedrive.com to have some more information. We will be able to better understand the final goal, have some more data on the system setup you have and further help with this.

• Kyle Tan
    Kyle Tan Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #25
    Options

Yes custom fields in insights will be helpful. Pipedrive team appreciate to prioritise in roadmap. Else the usage is stil quite cumbersome, and we are resorted to doing sales meetings on powerpoint (after extracting the custom field data we need manually).

• Luca_84645
    Luca_84645 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #26
    Options

Hi,

Do you have any update on this feature?

I would like to pull a report of sales by region (custom created field) and I cannot see how I can do this.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

• Dan Ferguson
    Dan Ferguson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I am having the same issues. I cannot select any of the custom fields I created to generate a report.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Options

Hi @Luca_84645 and @Dan Ferguson

Custom fields are already available to use in Insights on our Professional plan and higher. There are some limitations depending on the custom field type, you can check more details in our Knowledge Base article here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com. Our agents will be able to advise in more detail as you can share your exact needs and the exact custom fields you would like to use for reports.

• ACorp
    ACorp Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I'm not happy with Pipedrive right now. Support@pipedrive.com constantly tells me it is unavailable and the AI bot is worthless in what I need answered. I have a custom field called Industry that should show up as an option in Deals Insights. IT DOES NOT. I want to know why not. If insights for deals cannot be segmented by a custom field, then what good are these insights? If I have something set up wrong, I need to know this in order to move forward. I also need to know that I can contact a human being at Pipedrive support when needed. So far I am not impressed with Pipedrive from a support point of view. Thank you.

• Sophie
    Sophie Pipedrive Team Posts: 135 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @ACorp,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles getting in contact with support, I have located your account and someone should be reaching out to you soon to continue to assist with this. Thank you so much for your patience, we truly appreciate it!

Looking at the issue- Is your custom field "Industry" a deal custom field or is it a field for another item type (Person, organization, etc)? You can see a chart with the supported field here! To use the field, it must be a deal type custom field, the "type" of field will also be important (Text type field, Person field, Single option field, etc) because it will limit what you can use that field for (You can see the details in the chat linked above!)

Regarding contacting support, here is a bit more context about what you can do-

If you are having a technical issue, you should look for the option for “something is not working” or “page not working” while navigating through the bot flow. You will be recommended some general technical troubleshooting steps but if these do not help you will receive a form to submit to be either connected with someone on our support team or your case will be directly reviewed by our engineers. It is important that you select the correct options in the bot flow that pertain to your issue/question to get you connected to the correct place!

If you are experiencing an issue where you do need to be connected to a human, you should follow the bot through and select the relevant topics that pertain to the issue you are experiencing! I hope this provides some clarity!