How to automatically complete an 'Email' activity by sending an email

Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 115
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Suppose that I have an 'email' activity linked to a deal. Once I send an email, this email is automatically linked to this deal through email sync or smart-bcc

I'd like to know whether such an automation can apply to an email activity as well. Right now, I have to mark each email activity as done one-by-one, which is rather tedious and cumbersome.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Praveen Kumar
    Praveen Kumar Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2

Hey @Ted Youn

Would you be interested to automate this workflow with an external sales engagement platform like Klenty?

I suggest this because it has tight, native integration with Pipedrive and you don't need to manually mark any email activity as completed on Pipedrive.

Mark an activity as completed for a deal reflects automatically on Pipedrive with the help of bi-directional sync.

Do check out Klenty on Pipedrive marketplace to know more.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #3

Hi @Ted Youn !

Unfortunately at the moment this isn't possible, but I can tell you that we plan to expand the types of triggers and actions our Automations will allow for, so stay tuned! We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Kristin Rakoczy
    Kristin Rakoczy Member Posts: 4
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic

Is there any update on this? I'd like to request a feature update for an activity to be added and marked complete when an email is tracked through Pipedrive. #feature

• Renee Chandler
    Renee Chandler Member Posts: 24
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I'm looking to do this also. It looks like it's an option in the automation setup but not working?