Geocoding

Options
Ben_11824
Ben_11824 Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello, reading the features of PipeDrive, I see that street addresses are somehow geocoded with Google Maps. This is great.

Are the Lat/Long exportable?

What I ultimately need to do is filter and prioritize Leads based on the distance between them.

I figured I would do this "offline" using another spatial mapping service where one uploads a batch of street addresses and gets Lat/Long in return, which I would then add as a custom field in my Organization Leads.

But if PipeDrive is already geocoding, can I export them?

Answers

• Hannah Woodman
    Hannah Woodman Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Following this as i'm interested in the answer too! Thanks Ben.

It would be great if you could pull a list of contacts/leads based within a set radius of a location (for example one of our agency locations or the location of an event). I haven't found a way to do this yet.

• Greg Reinecke
    Greg Reinecke Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Ben. I assign Lat/Long as custom fields and calculate distances so as do proximity related analysis between those points outside of Pipedrive. As a GIS professional it’s a little complicated but I do it everyday for customers. I didn’t see that type of capability exists inside Pipedrive. Other similar systems offer it but as best I can see for a hefty fee if at all. 

• John Lord
    John Lord Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #4
    Options

This is normally licenced data so I doubt it can be exported.  Try looking at https://www.loqate.com/en-gb/

they sell geocoding and tend to be the resellers to all other users.  

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020 #5
    Options

By the way, the mobile app has a built in feature to find Deals or Persons "near me".  This is a great feature that I wish they would implement on the desktop version as well - and should be easy for them to do since they already do it on the mobile app. Something perhaps where you can choose a deal and find other deals nearby.

• Patrick Uhlmann
    Patrick Uhlmann Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options

Is it also possible to decide between customers or deal contancts in this feature?

That would be great

• Ben_11824
    Ben_11824 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #7
    Options

Hi Ben. I assign Lat/Long as custom fields and calculate distances so as do proximity related analysis between those points outside of Pipedrive. As a GIS professional it’s a little complicated but I do it everyday for customers. I didn’t see that type of capability exists inside Pipedrive. Other similar systems offer it but as best I can see for a hefty fee if at all. 

In the meantime I've been working with UpWork freelancers on a number of other projects and I found several GIS freelancers. I haven't kicked-off the project yet, but knowing this is useful, perhaps somebody can make a simple tool (I know there are a number of Excel formulae that can be run offline). Maybe one in Google Sheets that then can automatically amend a PipeDrive Lead based on the final calculations...

• Erik_27731
    Erik_27731 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #8
    Options

Hi Ben,

You could try a tool on Pipedrive Marketplace called Mapsly which can geocode your Leads based on the address field and then auto-save their coordinates back to your Pipedrive account or export as a CSV file.

• testyrisk
    testyrisk Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

@basketball stars I think you can't export them