Leads Inbox improvements for users in all plans! 📥

Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

From now on, all new leads have to be linked to a contact (either an existing one or a new one is automatically created), similar to how all deals have to be linked to a contact.

🤔  Why the change?

• You can now add a Lead from an existing Contact and track the contact history
  • Importing Leads with your Contacts? They will now be linked.
  • Contacts created from Leads are included in your Contact Sync (on web app and mobile)
  • Simplifies syncing marketing tools with Pipedrive
  • No more concerns about having 3 places to store contacts in Pipedrive (Leads Inbox + Leads Archive + Contacts)
  • No more missing link between leads and contacts
  • No more losing data in your Leads Archive

What else has changed?

• Contact duplicate detection happens immediately when you create a lead
  • A more organized “Add Lead” modal (similar to “Add Deal” modal)
  • All lead-generation tools (LeadBooster, Chatbot, Web Forms, etc.) now create/link to contacts by default

🔮  What more is planned for Leads Inbox? 

• Custom fields
  • Selectable columns
  • Bulk actions
  • Exporting Leads
  • Email integration
  • Calling integration
  • Leads in the mobile app
  • Leads Insights
  • Leads included in Workflow Automation

Learn more about Leads Inbox from our Knowledge Base and our Academy.

Comments

• Kacper Pupin
    Kacper Pupin Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Not linking contacts and organizations with leads before converting them to deals was actually a very good feature of pipedrive. We've been using leads section to capture the leads in a very fast way without being forced to link it to any existing contact or orga and without paying attention to the data quality --> focus: pace. You would only do it when converting to deal which absolutely makes sense. Any chance to opt out of this update for certain customers?

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2020 #3

We are using the webforms beta to create leads. Since we do B2B and B2C Sales the "organization name" field is not required to send the form. When the B2C customer (e.g. John Doe) sends the form with no organization name entered Pipedrive now adds a lead and creates a organization named "John Doe Organization". 

Since a contact is not required to have an organization and empty organization field should just result in not creating an organization for this lead. 

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020 #4

This make sense. I was suppose to make a feature request to add/link contacts from the lead inbox.

It would be nice if the notes added in the leads are reflected as well in the contacts, the same way the notes on deals are reflected on contacts.

• Kevin Santaularia
    Kevin Santaularia Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #5

is there a plan to make a user leads private to the lead owner. 
    as of now, I understand they are open to all users. 

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

There is still no ability to convert an email enquiry into a Lead which is a pity as most of our leads come in as emails.

Furthermore, I am not sure that creating a Pipedrive Contact automatically linked to the lead is a good thing. One of the appeals of the Lead tab is to qualify leads before adding them to Pipedrive database if necessary.  I cannot see the advantage of adding thousands of random lead contacts to Pipedrive that pre-qualifying as Leads would have them excluded.  I guess an option to create and connect to Contacts or not, is not viable in your design or you would have done it?   

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020 #7

There is still no ability to convert an email enquiry into a Lead which is a pity as most of our leads come in as emails.

Furthermore, I am not sure that creating a Pipedrive Contact automatically linked to the lead is a good thing. One of the appeals of the Lead tab is to qualify leads before adding them to Pipedrive database if necessary.  I cannot see the advantage of adding thousands of random lead contacts to Pipedrive that pre-qualifying as Leads would have them excluded.  I guess an option to create and connect to Contacts or not, is not viable in your design or you would have done it?   

I think the lead tab is to qualify if it can be converted to a deal. If the lead cant be converted as of the moment, it would be nice to be able to reach out again to the contact person of that lead later on. That is when automatic creation of contacts becomes very useful. 

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #8

I’m really happy that we have this feature, as I don’t want to spend money on leads and not retain the contacts, so that we can market to them later. However, I think it is clear by the comments above that not all businesses, or minda, operate the same way.  An option to disable this would be ideal.

• Josh Rugg
    Josh Rugg Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #9

So good to see you guys moving the ball forward on this project. Keep it up!

• Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 149
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #10

Great!

• Travis Waycott
    Travis Waycott Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #11

Our leads are all received via email from a 3rd party.  These are then parsed with Mailparser, broken down and imported into Pipedrive with Zapier, but there is no option to import them as a lead, only a deal.

• James Campbell_8529
    James Campbell_8529 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #12

Not linking contacts and organizations with leads before converting them to deals was actually a very good feature of pipedrive. We've been using leads section to capture the leads in a very fast way without being forced to link it to any existing contact or orga and without paying attention to the data quality --> focus: pace. You would only do it when converting to deal which absolutely makes sense. Any chance to opt out of this update for certain customers?

"Not linking contacts and organizations with leads before converting them to deals was actually a very good feature of pipedrive. "

Strongly agree with this comment. We run two teams, 1) Internal Sales managing our Leads Funnel, and 2) External Sales managing our Deals Pipeline. Until they are "lead In" to our Deals Pipeline we do not want the "Suspects" within our Contacts data. CRM Contacts data provides a single customer view to the business and its deteriorated if over-populated with "Suspects".

Please revert this change - or at least enable the configuration to operate two separate databases. 

• Alan Beard
    Alan Beard Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #13

I like the changes but still feel leads would be more useful if the leads inbox showed the contact name so that it's easy to come back to a specific lead base on their name, ideally should also show company.

• Kevin Santaularia
    Kevin Santaularia Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #14

There should be a setting at the Admin level for deals and leads.   A checkbox to make organization and contact required or optional.  Same goes for a checkbox for leads to be private to owner.

Additionally, a minor modification to Title adding (deal description) in brackets would be an easy change to avoid that input item to not  be construed as individuals “title“ as the input needed aka VP SVP CEO  Director etc 

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #15

For some of our products we get typically 20-40 leads per week and we will allocate to Deals and want to keep almost every one of them.

For other products, particularly after a global media event, we have up to 500 leads per day of which 490 are of no interest/value and we would not want them added to and cluttering up our main Pipedrive database.

Hence the need to qualify the leads first as originally implemented in Pipedrive.

• Kacper Pupin
    Kacper Pupin Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #16

enabling the configuration for the users would be a great thing! 

• Josh Rugg
    Josh Rugg Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #17

There should be a setting at the Admin level for deals and leads.   A checkbox to make organization and contact required or optional.  Same goes for a checkbox for leads to be private to owner.

Additionally, a minor modification to Title adding (deal description) in brackets would be an easy change to avoid that input item to not  be construed as individuals “title“ as the input needed aka VP SVP CEO  Director etc 

I agree. This kind of functionality is important to accommodate the the different ways sales orgs. work. 

• Hélène Grossetie-Rückert
    Hélène Grossetie-Rückert Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #18

Hey! Looks like before, when an organization was already in Pipedrive, we got an alter right into the lead inbox saying "watch out, an existing orgs has the same name"but now, it just creates a duplicate orgs. Do you confirm?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #19

Hey! Looks like before, when an organization was already in Pipedrive, we got an alter right into the lead inbox saying "watch out, an existing orgs has the same name"but now, it just creates a duplicate orgs. Do you confirm?

Hi @Hélène Grossetie-Rückert !

The expected behavior now is that if the Org name is similar to an already existing one, a drop-down menu immediately shows up showing you the potential matches and asking you if it's any of those or if you'd like to create a new  one with the name you're entering.

If that's not what you're getting, please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and try again: How do I clear my browser's cache and cookies?

If the behavior persists, please reach out to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot. Thank you! How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #20

Hello everyone, and thank you for your feedback and suggestions, we honestly appreciate them.

There are still multiple functionalities that we want to add to Leads, many of which you mentioned in your comments. 

Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources, we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. There's lots of moving pieces that can sometimes speed up or delay delivery so we'd rather be on the safe side with making promises, I hope you understand. I have personally made sure our team takes a look at your feedback here and considers your suggestions.

Speaking of which, here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #21

Our leads are all received via email from a 3rd party.  These are then parsed with Mailparser, broken down and imported into Pipedrive with Zapier, but there is no option to import them as a lead, only a deal.

@Travis Waycott Leads can be imported via spreadsheet (instructions here), I believe the issue here has to do with Zapier not having updated their list of API endpoints yet to include the ones we created for Leads, and those endpoints are what allows the two softwares to talk to each other.

We've been pressuring them about this, but unfortunately it's out of our control, as the decision of when to do it is theirs. We hope they update it soon. 🙏

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #22

Hi @Kacper Pupin and @James Campbell , thank you for your feedback!

Currently it's not possible to opt out of this update and as far as I'm aware there are no plans to make the configuration optional, but we have discussed your comments with our team and shared your concerns. Let's see what the future brings, as Leads is still in Beta and more developments will come.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #23

is there a plan to make a user leads private to the lead owner. 
    as of now, I understand they are open to all users. 

Hi @Kevin Santaularia !

Currently there's no way to make leads not visible to other users; what you can do is not let the other users (except Admin users) know who's the owner of that Lead is by turning off the toggle "See other users" in Company Settings > Manage Users.

I can't promise anything at the moment, but I do believe that and other capabilities will come up in the future, as part of our development plan for Leads is to make them work very similarly to Deals. I've sent your suggestion to our team for consideration.

In the meantime, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #24

Hi @Richard Salisbury , we appreciate your feedback and have forwarded internally to our team for consideration.

As for generating leads from email messages... stay tuned. 

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #25

@Randall Pena you can also archive leads to get back to them later :)

• Amber Murdock
    Amber Murdock Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #26

Is there an updated ETA on this topic - Leads included in Workflow Automation?  I need the ability to see lead conversion rate.  Today, we select "Convert Lead" to "deal" and cannot see that there is capability to report on lead conversion.  

• Gerrit Meyer
    Gerrit Meyer Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2022 #27

Hi Inês, when can we expect Leads Insights feature? Thank you, Gerrit

• Indy Heaton
    Indy Heaton Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #28

Found myself here trying to find lead insights. Seems like a no-brainer to have that feature. Any update here?