File Uploads for webforms

Robert_10088
Robert_10088 Member Posts: 7
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Hi there,

the new design of webforms is now very good, but I am missing the option to upload files.

Any plans to add the function? If yes, when?

Regards

Robert

0 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Robert 

Thanks for sharing! I spoke about this earlier with our team. It's still in the backlog, not being worked on right now but how hopefully we can deliver this in the future as an improvement. Glad you're already liking it!

• Adam Metz_15020
    Adam Metz_15020 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2022 #3

Mike, is there any way to do this via API in the meantime?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #4
    Adam Metz said:

@Adam Metz Currently it's not possible to add files to leads. We do have an API endpoint to add a file to Pipedrive: https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/#!/Files/post_files

In the call you'd then need to specify the ID of the contact/org/deal it should link to. So you could potentially set up the web form to create a deal. Then fetch the ID's of the newly created data and link a file to it.

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited September 2020 #5
    Adam Metz said:

Mike, to verify that I understand you correctly, can my colleague create a webform to allow a net-new contact (1) be created and (2) upload a file?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #6
    Adam Metz said:

Hi @Adam Metz 

The default web form feature doesn't allow the file upload unfortunately. What I mean is that if you have someone with development skills on your end they could set up a custom web form where you allow a user to upload files as well. Then using our API you could still connect it all to Pipedrive. It will be a custom solution set up on your end though.

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited February 2022 #7

Mike, thanks. Can you be rather specific about two different API questions here? I'd like to know how to use the API to (1) append this file to a specific lead and/or deal and (2) how to use the lead label via API.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #8
    Adam Metz said:

Mike, thanks. Can you be rather specific about two different API questions here? I'd like to know how to use the API to (1) append this file to a specific lead and/or deal and (2) how to use the lead label via API.

@Adam Metz 

Endpoint to add files, just specify the ID of the item you want to link it to (lead is not available yet):
    https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/#!/Files/post_files

Under this endpoint there's multiple related to lead labels. Adding, updating, etc:
    https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/#!/Leads

If you or someone in your company has some development skills it should be quite straightforward.

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited October 2020 #9
    Adam Metz said:

Great. What's the ETA on add-filed-to-lead? We'll need that.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #10
    Adam Metz said:

@Adam Metz unfortunately no ETA at the moment but I'll push our team and share it's important!

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited October 2020 #11
    Adam Metz said:

Mike, thanks. If you can escalate priority on this AND adding a single text field on the book-a-time calendar I'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to reach Krishna and Nuno from product to connect them with CRM product lead at Zoom - we badly need Zoom integration on the calendar (or at least a single text line so we can paste our Zoom link). It's really, really hard to use a calendar if you can't insert a zoom link.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #12
    Adam Metz said:

Thanks @Adam Metz I'm passing it along. I hope you understand I can't make any promises.

Regarding Zoom, we did recently release an integration there. Did you see that? Would this solve your needs? 
    https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008910817-Pipedrive-Integration-Zoom-Meetings

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited October 2020 #13
    Adam Metz said:

No, it didn't. We're trying to do this. All we want is a one-and-done conference invite that immediately gives the registrant the Zoom room URL and a couple of text messages so they don't no-show.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #14
    Adam Metz said:

Hi @Adam Metz unfortunately this is not possible in our tool at the moment, I'll pass it on as suggestions to our team though. Right now you can only create individual meetings in your calendar where you add the Zoom link and send out an activity invite.

So you can still on these individual meetings set up the zoom link and invite someone to it, however no follow up messages are sent from within Pipedrive. You can potentially set this up with a Zapier automation.

• Robert_10088
    edited February 2021 #15

Hi @Robert 

Thanks for sharing! I spoke about this earlier with our team. It's still in the backlog, not being worked on right now but how hopefully we can deliver this in the future as an improvement. Glad you're already liking it!

Hi @Mike van der Valk any news here? Date, when the function is available?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #16

Hi @Robert 

Hi @Robert I checked in with the team and this is in the plans, however there is no ETA right now.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #17

Hi @Robert 

Hi @Robert also here I got the news that it's in the plans, however there is no ETA to share at the moment.

• Robert_10088
    edited February 2022 #18

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #19
    Robert said:

Hello @Robert !

We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. As priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed, unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Once we have news about it, we'll certainly post them here in the community. This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Adam Metz_15020
    edited March 2021 #20
    Robert said:

Inez, is this on roadmap for anytime this year?

• Isaac Montaine
    Isaac Montaine Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #21

Just took a trial of pipedrive, this feature is a must have, so unfortunately cannot continue with pipedrive

• Isaac Montaine
    Isaac Montaine Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #22

Just took a trial of pipedrive, this feature is a must have, so unfortunately cannot continue with pipedrive

nvm, found a good solution/work around, just use jotforms

• Robert_10088
    edited October 2021 #23

Hi @Robert 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #24

Hi @Robert 

Hi @Robert unfortunately the priority has been pushed back. However, the team just confirmed to me it's still in the plans for next year but as we're currently in the middle of planning that year there's no rough ETA to share unfortunately :(

• hi Pipedrivers!

it seems that things are finally moving forward with File upload for Web Forms. They are now work in progress and should be ready for first users as beta in few weeks. Anyone willing to join the first users and provide us with feedback? :)

Maybe @Robert_10088 @Adam Metz_15020 if still relevant for you?

• Werlien
    Werlien Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

How to access? Trying to use the feature now...

• Casey Schneider
    Casey Schneider Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Katerina Prochazkova I would like to use it. I need new vendors to be able to send me their resale certificate.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi everyone, you can give this feature a try now. Find out more here.

• Demetrios
    Demetrios Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

So webforms does allow for a file upload but its restricted to just one.

If we can please add more than one file upload.

Thanks