Does anyone using Notion in sales? How do you use it in combination with Pipedrive?

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 145 VERIFIED MEMBER
Third Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Comments

• Tomi Suomela
    Tomi Suomela Member Posts: 5 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #2

Hey Martin, I'm using Notion but only for my personal notes, not for the whole team. For instance, I have my cold calling scripts there, but otherwise I don't really use it for sales.

Notion has a very light in-built "CRM", but if you're using Pipedrive, I don't see any reason to use the CRM feature.

One feature I've been planning to use is a "Sales Wiki", a sort of handbook for sales reps. I think Notion works better for that than google docs or power point, but I'm still hesitating because I don't want the whole company to adopt a new software for a single purpose.

I'm following this thread if anyone else has ideas!

Tomi

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 145 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited October 2020 #3

Hey Tomi,

Notion is a well known tool for organising and keeping wikis in one place. We heavily use notion in other areas in our company such as project planning, product management etc.

In sales, we are using notion as wiki and long term project planning tool. However right now, I would like to keep there info about our campaigns as it is hard to see overview in pipedrive. I was wondering if someone has some other hacks.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 832 VERIFIED MEMBER
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited September 2020 #4
  • Angela Wilbraham
    Angela Wilbraham Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5

We're now managing lots of corporate stuff in Notion. I'm considering moving sales fully to it. The main reason is because, for example, we sell events and webinars - I can identify a topic that a particular webinar or event session on our calendar relates to and that will automatically show me a list of our clients that we should pitch that webinar to (as we have linked them to that topic). My production team can also see how a company they might be working with has interacted with us based on annual sales numbers, if a deal is in the works, etc. So there are significant benefits to having all this information in one place and linked. With the Kanban set up I can make a sales board look just like pipedrive in terms of deal stages. But my hesitation in moving everything is that Pipedrive is built for sales and Notion is not and so has the analytics to look at sales performance amongst other features, plus Pipedrive is continually developing. I just haven't yet decided whether to make the move fully or not. I'd be very interested also in hearing others' views on this.

• Isaak Dury
    Isaak Dury Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited February 2022 #6

We were actually using Notion to run our entire Sales and Onboarding systems. We are now in the process of moving over from Notion to Pipedrive - I feel like we're growing up! 

We are having massive issues with importing our old Notion data over :\ 

We will continue to use Notion as our internal Wiki, it is excellent in this capacity - we were actually using it to run our entire SaaS business, project management, bugs, sales, wiki, onboarding etc all in one place - the dream was there, but it's just so so flexible it soon became a mess. 

• Angela Wilbraham
    Angela Wilbraham Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #7

We were actually using Notion to run our entire Sales and Onboarding systems. We are now in the process of moving over from Notion to Pipedrive - I feel like we're growing up! 

We are having massive issues with importing our old Notion data over :\ 

We will continue to use Notion as our internal Wiki, it is excellent in this capacity - we were actually using it to run our entire SaaS business, project management, bugs, sales, wiki, onboarding etc all in one place - the dream was there, but it's just so so flexible it soon became a mess. 

Interesting to hear thanks. I have been having doubts about moving sales over from Pipedrive to Notion so it's interesting to hear you're making the reverse move. I'm hoping that maybe the planned API might help us share information between the two systems perhaps, but too early to tell... Good luck with your migration. 

This discussion has been closed.