Create a recurring task

Sylvain
Sylvain Member Posts: 43
5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited February 29 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hello pipedrive lovers,

it would be really great to be able to create recurring spots in Pipedrive.

For example, I have to do every month

- tax returns

- pay

- etc ...

I have a list of huge activities that repeat every month, every quarter .... and currently I have to create as many spots as I have repeat. It's quite a hassle.

------------

Hello les pipedrive lovers,

ca serait vraiment énorme de pouvoir créer des taches récurrentes dans Pipedrive.

Par exemple, j'ai à faire tous les mois

- déclarations fiscales

- payes

- etc ...

J'ai une liste d'activités énormes qui se répètent tous les mois, tous les trimestres .... et actuellement je dois créer autant de taches que j'ai de répétition. C'est assez galère.

Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Did you connect your calendar? I would create recurring tasks in the calendar and have them synced to Pipedrive. If you want them to be a specific activity type you would change them in Pipedrive as bulk action.

And I agree: recurring activities would be great!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3

@Sylvain I know we've been looking at this option. Tagging @Vincent Jyrwa here. When he has time he can chime in on this ;) 

• Sylvain
    edited March 2020 #4

@Sylvain I know we've been looking at this option. Tagging @Vincent Jyrwa here. When he has time he can chime in on this ;) 

thanks @Mike van der Valk 

• Sylvain
    edited March 2020 #5

Did you connect your calendar? I would create recurring tasks in the calendar and have them synced to Pipedrive. If you want them to be a specific activity type you would change them in Pipedrive as bulk action.

@Bernd Auer it's just not a stain that should appear in my google calendar .... otherwise it's too messy ;)

• Bernd Auer
    edited June 2021 #6

Yes, make sense. And I just tried it: You can not change the type of recurring activites in Pipedrive to avoid the sync back...

Would an automation help? This workflow creates an activity 30 days after the first activity was marked as done:

• Sylvain
    edited March 2020 #7

Ah yes bluntly !! it requires to create (again) a type of activity but it's not stupid at all !!)

Thanks for the tips

I put it on immediately

• Bernd Auer
    edited March 2020 #8

You could trigger it not because of the type but because of a certain Subject as well. "If subject contains "déclarations fiscales" or "payes". 

À bientot ;-)

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2020 #9

Thanks for your feedback Sylvain. We have "Recurring Activities" planned for later this year but before that we need to improve our technical integration with Google/Outlook. Once we are able to do that, then we'll be able to implement Recurring Activities within Pipedrive. Unfortunately at this time I cannot give you an exact ETA. But at a later time (possibly Q3 or later), I will reach out to you and others in the Community to gather feedback on our potential solution! :) 

• Sylvain
    edited September 2020 #10

thanks @Vincent Jyrwa  for your return !

I just set up automation as advised by @Bernd Auer  and actually it's great!

In any case strongly that this addition is made to PIPEDRIVE;) our customers ask us regularly.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2020 #11

@Sylvain  I'm glad that the workaround with automation worked! :) 

Yes, will keep track of feedback on this and make it a priority! :) 

Thank you!

• Matthew S Bennett
    Matthew S Bennett Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #12

Yes, I also would strongly suggest adding a recurring option to activities, particularly tasks

• Karli Pierson
    Karli Pierson Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2021 #13

Yes, this would be great! 

• Carlos Ramirez
    Carlos Ramirez Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020 #14

I strongly agree with this! Recurring activities would be a fantastic add!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #15

Hi all, I checked in with our team. Recurring activities is still something we plan to do, there's no exact ETA at the moment unfortunately but it's in the plans!

• Matthew S Bennett
    Matthew S Bennett Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #16

I noticed if I create a recurring event in my synced Google Calendar, it does not pull through to my Pipedrive calendar.   If I edit it to a one-time event, it will then sync.  Any advice?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #17

I noticed if I create a recurring event in my synced Google Calendar, it does not pull through to my Pipedrive calendar.   If I edit it to a one-time event, it will then sync.  Any advice?

@Matthew S Bennett 

How it should work and what we just tested on our end is that when you create a recurring event on your external calendar all the events sync to Pipedrive as activities. However, they will show as grey boxes and are non-editable. If you then go and change one instance in the external calendar that is reflected on Pipedrive as well and the activity remains non-editable.

If this is not the behaviour you are experiencing it's best to reach out to our support team via the in-app chat so they can help you resolve this 🙏🏻

• AustinRealtor
    AustinRealtor Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #18

Yes !!!!

If I ever switch to a different CRM it will be for recurring task management.

I honestly don't understand how Pipedrive is missing this.

• Pascal Lapointe
    Pascal Lapointe Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #19

I'd love the idea of recurring tasks as I would like to program in some birthdays for my customers. I can just add it once and forget about it. Every year it reminds me that I need to call the customer to wish them a happy birthday. I really don't want it to appear on my google calendar as it would be extremely messy. Thus, the reason of having it only in pipedrive.

• Gonzalo Hurtado
    Gonzalo Hurtado Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #20

Hey guys, agree on this thread. Any new ETA? This would be great.

-Gonzalo

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #21

-Gonzalo

No ETA unfortunately @Gonzalo Hurtado it's not prioritised at the moment but in the backlog.

• Gonzalo Hurtado
    edited October 2020 #22

-Gonzalo

Right on Mike. Thanks for the update though.

Enjoy your evening.

-Gonzalo

• John Wood
    John Wood Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited October 2020 #23

Yes !!!!

If I ever switch to a different CRM it will be for recurring task management.

I honestly don't understand how Pipedrive is missing this.

This - constant bugbear with Pipedrive and also the primary reason why I'm considering alternatives. 

Is it that hard to programme into the software? Would make a HUGE difference to Pipedrive's productivity from my perspective, as I have a lot of recurring tasks and it's very difficult to manage them effectively from an external calendar.

Looks from recent Employee comments that what was a priority 7 months ago, is now just a "backlog" item. Very disappointing...

• John Wood
    John Wood Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #24

This is a constant bugbear with Pipedrive and also the primary reason why I'm considering alternatives. 

Is it that hard to programme into the software? Would make a HUGE difference to Pipedrive's productivity from my perspective, as I have a lot of recurring tasks and it's very difficult to manage them effectively from an external calendar.

Looks from recent Employee comments that what was a priority 7 months ago, is now just a "backlog" item. Very disappointing...

• Miranda_17411
    Miranda_17411 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2022 #25

Is there a way we can escalate recurring activities to be added as a new feature? It is extremely cumbersome to add these manually ... for client birthdays, weekly tasks that repeat, seasonal tasks, etc. Not sure how this isn't a feature yet - it's a no brainer!!!!

• Gonzalo Hurtado
    edited February 2021 #26

Is there a way we can escalate recurring activities to be added as a new feature? It is extremely cumbersome to add these manually ... for client birthdays, weekly tasks that repeat, seasonal tasks, etc. Not sure how this isn't a feature yet - it's a no brainer!!!!

Agree with Miranda, creates a bit of a scheduling meetings weekly for weekly client's. Put's us in a situation where they meeting is in "the air" each week.. and have to agree on a weekly basis..

• Miranda_17411
    edited February 2021 #27

I spoke to someone from Pipedrive today and she said the more times it's requested the more the team will realize it should be a priority...

• Miranda_17411
    edited February 2021 #28

By the way, I upgraded to workflow automation and even that doesn't allow me to repeat activities on the same day properly ... it only repeats the activity on the same day that you mark it as complete .. so for birthdays, for example, you would have to ensure to complete the birthday on the exact day otherwise the recurrence will only be set to repeat 1 year after the activity was completed .... really does not make much sense at all for the birthday use case

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #29

Hi @Miranda  

Thank you for writing here. I'll do my best to highlight this to our team internally. I can't promise anything from my position but I'll make sure do put it in front of their eyes for consideration.

Do I understand that besides birthday this is mainly a request to be able to handle your task management better?

Is this related to project management? If so perhaps this group is interesting for you: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

• Miranda_17411
    edited June 2021 #30

Hi Mike - no, I would simply like to create recurring tasks as most other users have mentioned here. How is this not a feature yet? It's also not possible in the upgraded version so I'm not sure what I'm paying this extra money for. Disappointed. Seems like such a simple feature yet it is not available.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #31

Thanks for clarifying @Miranda  I will stress to our team that this needs priority.