Create a recurring task

Options

Comments

• Gonzalo Hurtado
    Gonzalo Hurtado Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2021 #32
    Options

Hey guys, 

Again this month I find myself working double making the pipedrive process.. Had a lead explosion and have someone wokring on it literally 20/30 minutes for what could be automatic.

Not trying to be difficult here, but like @Miranda  said before, this whole recurring task issue is starting to make pipedrive useless for me. Do you guys any sort of update?

-Gonzalo

• Orama Plus
    Orama Plus Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #33
    Options

Recurring tasks is a must for me if it is not implemented in 2021; I am afraid I will not renew for 2022.

• Todd Moss_31974
    Todd Moss_31974 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #34
    Options

Recurring tasks is really a big point of fustration for us. I can't use workflow, because they don't even seem to support times. I just want a recurring task ie 3rd tue of every month at 3pm. Simple stuff we can do in any calendar app. If i sync with Outlook then all the tasks are coming through and the task types aren't matching.

• Miranda_17411
    Miranda_17411 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2021 #35
    Options
    Todd Moss said:

Recurring tasks is really a big point of fustration for us. I can't use workflow, because they don't even seem to support times. I just want a recurring task ie 3rd tue of every month at 3pm. Simple stuff we can do in any calendar app. If i sync with Outlook then all the tasks are coming through and the task types aren't matching.

If we keep pushing for this eventually they will have to implement it ... I hope!!!

• Micky Lehava
    Micky Lehava Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #36
    Options

I too want reoccurring tasks - UPVOTE

• Carmen Rijo
    Carmen Rijo Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #37
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk I agree with what has already been stated. No option for recurring tasks makes this system almost useless in spite of the other great features. If that feature is not available soon I will also be looking for alternatives.  I believe in an earlier post it was mentioned that the roll out delay was due to synching issues with google calendar?  Seems that you should provide the feature to your paid subscribers first (making their lives easier) and then sort out synch/api issues... before you lose your entire client base. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2021 #38
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk I agree with what has already been stated. No option for recurring tasks makes this system almost useless in spite of the other great features. If that feature is not available soon I will also be looking for alternatives.  I believe in an earlier post it was mentioned that the roll out delay was due to synching issues with google calendar?  Seems that you should provide the feature to your paid subscribers first (making their lives easier) and then sort out synch/api issues... before you lose your entire client base. 

Hi @Carmen Rijo 

Thank you for your feedback. I checked with the team. Although there is no exact due date at the moment unfortunately I can tell you that the development to create recurring activities is in our plans.

We hope to work on that later this year.

• Lindsay Niedzielski
    Lindsay Niedzielski Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #39
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I would really stress to your team that this really should be something that is worked on now, not later this year.  We just switch from an old, out of date CRM system to Pipedrive....and that old, out of date CRM system had recurring tasks available.  It never even crossed my mind to make sure that was something that I had to check before moving to this system.  We likely would not have made the move had we known that, but have now done all of the work (up to the point of importing our recurring tasks)....every other CRM system I have worked with has that ability.  Can this not be made a priority?  Obviously your customer base is asking for it!

• Miranda_17411
    Miranda_17411 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2021 #40
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I would really stress to your team that this really should be something that is worked on now, not later this year.  We just switch from an old, out of date CRM system to Pipedrive....and that old, out of date CRM system had recurring tasks available.  It never even crossed my mind to make sure that was something that I had to check before moving to this system.  We likely would not have made the move had we known that, but have now done all of the work (up to the point of importing our recurring tasks)....every other CRM system I have worked with has that ability.  Can this not be made a priority?  Obviously your customer base is asking for it!

I second this!!! Thank you for sharing your experience

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #41
    Options

Thanks @Lindsay Niedzielski and @Miranda  for seconding. I'll do my best to make some waves internally around this.

• Marko Zivanic
    Marko Zivanic Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #42
    Options

I third it @Mike van der Valk if it helps :)
    I managed to make workarounds with workflow automation but not having yearly recurring tasks for birthdays is insulting my intelligence honestly. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #43
    Options

Hi @Marko Zivanic I just spoke to our product manager on activities. Currently the goal is to still this year deliver recurring activities  

• Marko Zivanic
    Marko Zivanic Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #44
    Options

Thanks for the update Mike, you guys are good people. 

• Lindsay Niedzielski
    Lindsay Niedzielski Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #45
    Options

Thanks for the update Mike. It can't come soon enough for us!

• Andre Halkyard
    Andre Halkyard Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2021 #46
    Options

Any update on this? I guess there is no point stating the obvious! Basic feature that is missing here!

• Weiwei Duncan
    Weiwei Duncan Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #47
    Options

I need it for client success work too - This is really inconvient. Basic feature. 

• Maartendebakker
    Maartendebakker Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2021 #48
    Options

Marko Zivanic

Could you share how you did that with workflow automations? I need exactly that. I now have a date field with 'Customer since' but it's useless if it doesn't trigger anything. I don't see date triggerts in workflows, so I'm curious how you did this

• Brandon Omtvedt
    Brandon Omtvedt Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #49
    Options

I know this is a feature Pipedrive is working on but in the meantime I have figured out how to use workflow automation to create reoccurring events.  It is definitely not ideal as you need to delete the task in order to create the next one but it does work as a short term fix.  Currently I have it set up to create an expense report reminder 1 month after I delete my current reminder.

• Bill Steele
    Bill Steele Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2021 #50
    Options

@Mike van der Valk upvoting for EOY rollout...

• Liz Nell
    Liz Nell Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2021 #51
    Options

Hi! Is there any update on this? The year is almost over. If you don't have a release date by now, it's probably not happening this calendar year. Super disappointing there hasn't been more transparency here or accurate forecasting. Would love a realistic release data/window. Thank you -

• Karyna Cuffaro - CANEI
    Karyna Cuffaro - CANEI Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #52
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Hello! :) Do you have any updates on recurring tasks? It's been two years since this post started and we are still all manually entering tasks that could be automated 

Thank you for any eta you can provide for the update! :)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2021 #53
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Hello! :) Do you have any updates on recurring tasks? It's been two years since this post started and we are still all manually entering tasks that could be automated 

Thank you for any eta you can provide for the update! :)

@Karyna Cuffaro - CANEI it's hard to give an ETA, but great news. I spoke to the Product manager in charge of the Activities area and he said this is something they hope to deliver in the coming months! Stay tuned!

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2021 #54
    Options

Hi @Sylvain @Karyna Cuffaro - CANEI @Liz Nell @Lindsay Niedzielski and other commenters here :) 

I know it's been a while since you posted your comments here but we are currently researching this. We’d like to speak to you and understand your needs, use cases and the current pains you’re facing with recurring activities.

If you'd like to help us with this research, please schedule a time on my calendar here

(Preferably on 6th or 7th Dec. If not, then any available time slot that works for you next week)

The call would take around 30-45minutes of your time and will be done over a Zoom video call.

Thank you and looking forward to speaking with you :)

Regards,
    Vincent

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #55
    Options

Hello everyone, our dearest @Vincent Jyrwa is looking for volunteers interested in being a part of a new prototype test on recurring activities.

Be sure to sign up here if this interests you, slots are limited. The deadline is January 28th, 2022.

• Jennifer Sudina
    Jennifer Sudina Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #56
    Options

Looking to see if a recurring task/activity set up is possible.  I have monthly and weekly activities and would like to either copy them or make them recurring.  Any suggestions??

• StaceyH
    StaceyH Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #57
    Options

Looking to see if a recurring task/activity set up is possible.  I have monthly and weekly activities and would like to either copy them or make them recurring.  Any suggestions??

I'd love to see this feature too

• Bil Moore
    Bil Moore Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #58
    Options

Looks like this was supposed to come out last year. Did it ever happen? This is really basic functionality.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #59
    Options
    Bil Moore said:

Looks like this was supposed to come out last year. Did it ever happen? This is really basic functionality.

@Bil Moore it's in beta I believe, we're actively working on it. Perhaps reach out to our support, then can maybe get you on the test :) 

• Jackie Needham
    Jackie Needham Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #60
    Options

Recurring activities would really help! I thought this was already a thing and I just didn't know how to do it. Would love an idea of when this will be rolled out?

• Bil Moore
    Bil Moore Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #61
    Options

Recurring activities would really help! I thought this was already a thing and I just didn't know how to do it. Would love an idea of when this will be rolled out?

When I reach out to support, the response was: 

"Unfortunately we do not have a time frame for when this will become available. I can see that a lot of users have requested this feature and I will also pass your feedback along our internal channels.

The more requests we have, the more likely our product developers will consider this for future updates!" 

But hey, they say if we keep asking they will consider it. HOW MANY MORE YEARS DOES IT HAVE TO BE ASKED FOR?