Options
13»

Comments

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2022 #62
    Options

Recurring activities would really help! I thought this was already a thing and I just didn't know how to do it. Would love an idea of when this will be rolled out?

Hi @Bil Moore 

Apologies for that experience. At the moment, we're working on it and we are closer to the date of a BETA rollout for recurring activities. I'll keep you (and the other community members) posted sometime towards the latter half of May 2022. 

There are some limitations during this BETA though as initially we won't be able to enable this feature for accounts with active calendar-sync but it's work-in-progress and we'll resolve that too in due course of time! :) 

Hope my answer helped you.

Regards,
    Vincent

• Sunny Arumugam
    Sunny Arumugam Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #63
    Options

Recurring activities would be a massive help! Sounds like we are hoping for a beta version in May 2022? 

• J.
    J. Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2022 #64
    Options

Definitely need a recurring task functionality. I would like to be able to wish clients a happy birthday each year, not just the current year that I add the task. Thank you. 

• Miranda_17411
    Miranda_17411 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2022 #65
    Options

At this point, we need a recurring task for asking for a recurring task, that's how long it's been 😬 ... all kidding aside, pretty please???

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #66
    Options

At this point, we need a recurring task for asking for a recurring task, that's how long it's been 😬 ... all kidding aside, pretty please???

Hi @Miranda  and many others, my colleague @Vincent Jyrwa is working on this functionality right now, it's in beta. 

It's best to ask our support team about the current state but we aim to roll this out to all customers down the line :) 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2022 #67
    Options

Hi @Miranda   We'll keep you updated soon towards the latter half of May 2022 about our BETA release of this feature. 

There are some limitations during this BETA though as initially we won't be able to enable this feature for accounts with active calendar-sync but it's work-in-progress and we'll resolve that too in due course of time! :) 

Hope my answer helped you.

Regards,
    Vincent

• Aaron Fulk
    Aaron Fulk Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #68
    Options

I've been a customer for close to 10 years, 4 years with the previous company and 6 years with this company. Could we be in beta test, we really need to experiment with this recurring task since we use this as crm and pm. thanks

• austinteamway
    austinteamway Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hi, do we have an update on this? Same as others, I recently purchased Pipedrive and am surprised and impacted by Pipedrive not having this important feature available.

• Alex Rackwitz
    Alex Rackwitz Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Vincent Jyrwa @Mike van der Valk

Is this still in beta? Any updated timelines? Surely it cant be in beta for 6 months - I am hoping you didnt can this important update.

• ll23698
    ll23698 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I am a new user. Disappointed to be finding out that there is no recurring activity. Really disappointed to see how old this string is and that it has not been resolved. Please provide an update. Thanks.

• awfrost
    awfrost Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Do i understand correctly, that since March 2020 this recurring tasks issue has still not yet been solved?

Hope someone proves me wrong, thanks 😊.

• Paul D.
    Paul D. Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Can we get recurring tasks, please?

It's a poor reflection on Pipedrive that this thread is nearly two years old and still no progress.

• Sam M.
    Sam M. Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Any update on this?

I am currently tasked with reviewing different CRMs and recurring tasks was one of the specific requests from the higher ups.

• Austin S
    Austin S Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Vincent Jyrwa Any update on reoccurring tasks in PipeDrive?

I am in the implementation phase of this CRM and this feature is a must have for planning.

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

No updates? it's been almost 4 years since the request was made and I believe this should be prioritized.

• Firehammer
    Firehammer Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I was in the beta and enjoy the feature for very short time. I no longer have it, and it still appears not to be an available option! Any updates?

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I've devised a method to automate the scheduling of recurring activities/tasks using Make.com, an automation tool akin to Zapier. This solution is particularly useful for ensuring tasks are automatically reset to the next Monday of the following month upon completion. Here's how I set it up:

The Setup:

1. Define an activity type that is for recurring tasks.
    2. Webhook Activation: The process begins with a webhook scenario that is triggered anytime an activity is updated. This instant response to activity status changes is crucial for timely updates.
    3. Identifying Recurring Tasks: Upon activation, the scenario checks the activity type. I specifically categorize tasks intended for this automation as "Recurring Task." This categorization helps in precisely targeting the tasks that need to be rescheduled.
    4. Completion Filter: Next, the scenario filters activities to identify those marked as "done." It's essential that only completed tasks proceed to the rescheduling phase to maintain accuracy in task management.
    5. Scheduling the Next Activity: For tasks identified as completed, the system then calculates the date for the next month, adjusting it to ensure the new task is set on a Monday. This step is vital for avoiding weekends.

Custom Recurrence Intervals (on make.com):

To accommodate various scheduling needs, I've created separate scenarios for different types of recurrences (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.). Each one has a unique set of variables to calculate the appropriate next due date.

This method ensure we have recurring tasks/activities that we are require to list as done at the checkbox. This enable tracking for those tasks.

If you're interested in a more detailed breakdown or the specific variables used for each scenario type, I'm more than willing to share. Let's help each other create more efficient workflows!

P.S. I am not advertising or paid by anyone to write this.