Converting web forms to new format

Sue Steckle
Sue Steckle Member Posts: 23
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I've started using the new (beta) web forms and like the improvements. I have one old format web form still which I have embedded on our website. When I go to the old tools > web forms page it says at the top:

"There is a new version of Web Forms

New Web Forms have been launched. You can create new forms there or convert your current forms."

I'd like to convert this old format form but there is no option to (that I can see) to do that in the form's menu where I can edit it. There is a link to go to new web forms, where this old format form doesn't show up.

Can someone tell me how to convert my current (old) form to the new format please? I haven't been able to find this info by searching help or the community. Thanks!

5f590f1551fe852e13e1fc0b_26731.png

Comments

• Sue Steckle
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

@Inês Batata are you able to point me to some instructions on how to convert my current (old) web form to the new format please? If there is a way, it's not intuitive, and I have to switch back to the old navigation to even access the form at this point. I'm hoping to upgrade it to the new format so it's where I can find it. Thank you in advance for your help!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #3

@Inês Batata are you able to point me to some instructions on how to convert my current (old) web form to the new format please? If there is a way, it's not intuitive, and I have to switch back to the old navigation to even access the form at this point. I'm hoping to upgrade it to the new format so it's where I can find it. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @Sue Steckle , I'm sorry to hear you're having this trouble. It seems like a more technical case, so I recommend you reach out to our Support team, who will help you troubleshoot. They're the most appropriate channel of communication for these types of cases and they're faster in replying too.

I hope everything gets back on track soon! 🚀

• Sue Steckle
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

In case someone else comes across this post looking for the answer... it's quite simple, just not intuitive to me. :)

It worked, my form was in the list to convert, and once converted, I lost the history of how many times it had been previously viewed and filled out, so you should capture those stats ahead of time if you're interested.

The answer I got from support was:

"When you click on "Add new webform" on the new version, you should have the old webforms to convert from."

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #5

In case someone else comes across this post looking for the answer... it's quite simple, just not intuitive to me. :)

It worked, my form was in the list to convert, and once converted, I lost the history of how many times it had been previously viewed and filled out, so you should capture those stats ahead of time if you're interested.

"When you click on "Add new webform" on the new version, you should have the old webforms to convert from."

@Sue Steckle I came back to your post exactly to tell you the same, but you beat me to it :) My apologies, I guess you caught me in a day where my brain wasn't cooperating at full capacity, although that's not your fault ;) 

In the meantime I have also asked our Knowledge Base team to include this information in the article and they approved, so it should be updated soon.

Happy to hear you sorted it! :)

• Robert Merrill
    Robert Merrill Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #6

YOU SOLVED ME SO MUCH TIME. THANK YOU