Merge Contact Duplicates

Daniela Theart
Daniela Theart Member Posts: 15
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi All,

I need to merge over 500 contact duplicates, is there not an easier way than having to go through each one and choose primary contact to merge with? I cannot see myself going through all 500 contacts to do this.  Then having to click preview for each then merge.

I also need to do the same with organizations.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Daniela Theart 

Unfortunately it can currently only be done this way inside Pipedrive. I do get your point though, I'll pass on your feedback to our team.

One other option is Dedupely on our marketplace which can do the work for you. Depending on your need there will be a cost to this unfortunately, but experiences from our users have been great: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/dedupely/daeafd7d3dd9c2a2

• Daniela Theart
    Daniela Theart Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #3

Hi @Daniela Theart 

Unfortunately it can currently only be done this way inside Pipedrive. I do get your point though, I'll pass on your feedback to our team.

One other option is Dedupely on our marketplace which can do the work for you. Depending on your need there will be a cost to this unfortunately, but experiences from our users have been great: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/dedupely/daeafd7d3dd9c2a2

Thank you Mike,

No worries, I took a few days to go through them but at least it is done now, I hope with syncing to other applications that it won't duplicate again :)

Kind regards,

Dan

• Pat Monti
    Pat Monti Member Posts: 6
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #4

Pipedrive seriously does need to devise a way as soon as possible whereby we can merge as many duplicates as we need to do simulateneously; not singly.  We should not have to pay for another service to do this if we don't have the time to do so ourselves.  Needless to say, singly merging is not at all time or cost effective.  Thank you so very much.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #5
    Pat Monti said:

Pipedrive seriously does need to devise a way as soon as possible whereby we can merge as many duplicates as we need to do simulateneously; not singly.  We should not have to pay for another service to do this if we don't have the time to do so ourselves.  Needless to say, singly merging is not at all time or cost effective.  Thank you so very much.

Hi @Pat Monti 

I understand your comments and I truly hope we can improve this in the future. I'll do my best and make sure the team sees your comments and hopefully we can get this on our roadmap for next year.

• David Picard
    David Picard Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2021 #6

I'm agree on this.  In the mindset of effeciency of our database managment, we should be able to have all features with a bulk option. 

The on the go duplicate is very cool, but some time we can't controle the input.

Exemple : I've got 2 buisness person who's working with their own account and syncing their contact. Sometime it happens to get the same customer. So 2 entries automatically ...so right now I've configured one person can't sync directly...it's a little bit heavy.

I'm sure you will find a solution (you are a unicron cie!!! :) )

• Nathan DeYoung
    Nathan DeYoung Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2021 #7
    Pat Monti said:

Has there been any traction on this for the roadmap? It is crazy this is not a native part of the CRM.....most other systems have that natively.

• Nathan DeYoung
    Nathan DeYoung Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2021 #8
    Pat Monti said:

Has there been any traction on this for the roadmap? It is crazy this is not a native part of the CRM.....most other systems have that natively.

• AgataSz
    AgataSz Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Mike van der Valk Hello, are there any updates about this implementation? Is this on PD roadmap? It has been two years since you said you will pass this feedback on to your team and nothing happened.

• @AgataSz I would recommend checking out Dedupely.

• AgataSz
    AgataSz Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Pipedriveadmin should this really be done by another software?