Strange behavior on Automations

Marco Govoni
Marco Govoni Member Posts: 149
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I've created a simple workflow: when I add a label on a contact, send to it an email using a template

Simple and it works great! (I use it to send email to new leads when I intercept them, record on Pipedrive and change a custom field to trigger the automation... but this is not important now :-) )

The "problem" is that the email is NOT tracked/recorded on the contact :-( If I open contact window I don't see the email sent via workflow: is it normal ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bryan Van Devender
    Bryan Van Devender Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #2

Perhaps you could use your account 'Smart BCC Address' in the email to send and make sure you have the 'Automatically link emails with deals' option chosen in your email-sync settings?

• Marco Govoni
    edited September 2020 #3

Perhaps you could use your account 'Smart BCC Address' in the email to send and make sure you have the 'Automatically link emails with deals' option chosen in your email-sync settings?

WTF! Yes! Great solution, thanks @Bryan Van Devender 

• Marco Govoni
    edited February 2022 #4

@Bryan Van Devender how can I set my Smart Account using workflow? I've tried but is seems not working :-(

• Bryan Van Devender
    Bryan Van Devender Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #5

@Bryan Van Devender how can I set my Smart Account using workflow? I've tried but is seems not working :-(

Company Settings > Email Sync (make sure you have things setup correctly)

In Workflow Automation....you have to type in your BCC (or paste it in)

Once you type in your BCC address, you have to also choose to create it...

Then you're all set:

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi @Marco Govoni !

As far as I'm aware this shouldn't happen. All email sent from Pipedrive should show up in the Sent folder. 

Please reach out to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot further. 

• Marco Govoni
    edited September 2020 #7

Hi @Marco Govoni !

As far as I'm aware this shouldn't happen. All email sent from Pipedrive should show up in the Sent folder. 

Please reach out to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot further. 

Now it works!