Allow case statement instead of just if in workflow automation

Options
Aaron Harch
Aaron Harch Member Posts: 3

We have to duplicate and create actions which are very similar to each other.

Would be great to have a case statement so we can use the same business logic (except for a single item) and then direct the action based on the value of that one item.

i.e. we take the same action nomatter which stage an item in a pipeline is however we have to have a workflow for each stage because there is only an if not a case statement available.

Comments

• Marcelo Silva
    Marcelo Silva Member Posts: 243
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Não entendi bem sua necessidade.

Conseguimos criar diferentes sequencias de automações nas mesmas etapas, baseada em perfis diferentes de negócios. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #3
    Options

@Aaron Harch Like Marcelo up here I'm also not a 100% following you. Could you clarify what workflows you're setting up?

• Albert_57559
    Albert_57559 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #4
    Options

@Mike van der Valk and @Marcelo Silva 

The point he's stating basically refers to if/else correlations inside a workflow. Let's say a deal comes from a form. There's a custom field which user could fill in with multiple values in the form. Example: House= A or House=B or House=C or  House=D,...

Would be nice being able to do a workflow so that: If house =A, do this, else if house=B, do that, else if house=C.... Instead of having to create 4 workflows which are actually the same, differentiated only by If statement. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options
    Albert said:

The point he's stating basically refers to if/else correlations inside a workflow. Let's say a deal comes from a form. There's a custom field which user could fill in with multiple values in the form. Example: House= A or House=B or House=C or  House=D,...

Would be nice being able to do a workflow so that: If house =A, do this, else if house=B, do that, else if house=C.... Instead of having to create 4 workflows which are actually the same, differentiated only by If statement. 

Thanks for clarifying @Albert I'll pass this on to our team on workflow automation!

• Tim Schmidt
    Tim Schmidt Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options
    Albert said:

That would be absolutely enormously helpful, because I have many "multiplied" workflows only because of it, lose thereby the overview and if I must change something it is pure chaos.

• Tim Schmidt
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options
    Albert said:

That would be absolutely enormously helpful, because I have many "multiplied" workflows only because of it, lose thereby the overview and if I must change something it is pure chaos.

• Tim Schmidt
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options
    Albert said:

• Tim Schmidt
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options
    Albert said:

• Tim Schmidt
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options
    Albert said:

That would be absolutely enormously helpful, because I have only therefore umpteen workflows "twice", lose therefore the overview and if I have to change something it is pure chaos.

• Javier Sanchez
    Javier Sanchez Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #11
    Options

I'd also like to have this feature implemented. Since we have a limit on automation and no way to organize them yet, having more logic flow structures become critical to get a lot more done in a single automation.

• Braden Schrock
    Braden Schrock Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Is this on the roadmap? Branching logic is absolutely table stakes for automation. Right now if I use a condition in an automation and the condition is not met, then the automation stops.

To echo the comment above, it's chaos to work around this because you have to create multiple nearly-identical automations to cover each possible case. Then when you have to make a change to the automation, you have to change every other case as well.

• Adam Sztuka
    Adam Sztuka Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Yes! Branching logic ! Use case! if-then-else ! ..... this would be SO useful.

• gagandeep
    gagandeep Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Any update on this feature.

• moe_brick
    moe_brick Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I've just requested an update - nothing material or any sign of timelines yet, but it is being worked on

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

For those not looking to wait for this feature, please consider using other tools like Make/Integromat or Zapier.

It is not worth waiting for future features in order to save $10 a month.