Custom fields for each Pipeline

Hi there community, 

I was wondering if it is possible (in the near future) to add custom fields per pipeline or custom fields that only become visible when a deal matches specific criteria. 

Use case: 

We have different kind of deals (let's say type A, B, C) that require totally different kind of parameters. Besides the indication of 'important fields' per pipeline (see printscreen), all custom fields are still visible ACROSS all pipelines. 

So we want: 

• Pipeline type A > only show custom fields 1, 2, 3
  • Pipeline type B > only show custom fields 4, 5, 6
  • Pipeline type C > only show custom fields 7, 8, 9

Is there any way I can solve this (besides of course start a whole new account)?

Thanks

5f73025babc8fb6c1ae017c4_11136.png
4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 1 #2

Hi @Michiel Van Hove 

Thanks for sharing. I know this has been discussed in our team. Currently it's not being worked on but I'll definitely make sure our team sees your post and hopefully this can spark a new push towards this feature update in Pipedrive, I think it's a great suggestion!

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Posts: 60
    edited April 1 #3

Hi @Michiel Van Hove 

Thanks for sharing. I know this has been discussed in our team. Currently it's not being worked on but I'll definitely make sure our team sees your post and hopefully this can spark a new push towards this feature update in Pipedrive, I think it's a great suggestion!

@Mike van der Valk This is a must, and a very common feature in most CRM's.  Different pieces of data become relevant in different pipelines, and this would be a great way to clean things up.  +1

• Francisco Duwe
    Francisco Duwe Posts: 23
    edited January 2021 #4

I would like it too! I have different pipelines for different products and would be more than welcome. Maybe if I could only hide(instead of not showing at all). And think about Leads too.

• mark then
    mark then Posts: 1
    edited February 25 #5

I would love this too...And was wondering if there is any quick fix to this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #6
    mark then said:

I would love this too...And was wondering if there is any quick fix to this?

@mark then the only workaround I've seen people use is to set up specific fields as important/mandatory for certain pipelines and stages. It doesn't hide others but it does pop-out the ones you say are important for you.

• Sam Boyd
    Sam Boyd Posts: 12
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited April 8 #7

Stepping in to voice my opinion here. I would love this feature! 

• Michiel Van Hove_6182
    edited February 25 #8

@Mike van der Valk  any update on this one?

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Posts: 22
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #9

This seems like such a standard feature for most CRM's. Not understanding why the response is that this is not being worked on. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2021 #10

@Mike van der Valk  any update on this one?

@Michiel Van Hove  @Brad Cohen  At the moment it's on the backlog of ideas, no near term plans unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Michiel Van Hove_6182
    edited February 25 #11

@Mike van der Valk any update on this one? This feature is keeping us from going live internally...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2021 #12

@Mike van der Valk any update on this one? This feature is keeping us from going live internally...

Hi @Michiel Van Hove unfortunately there's no update to give here :( we're currently not actively working on this. We are working on after sales delivery in the form of project management after a deal is won: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

This could help with your usecase as well. You have custom fields for your deals in the pipeline and then also for other processes for your projects on the board for example..

• Brad Cohen
    edited November 2021 #13

How this feature is not being worked on makes little sense to me. Hearing this tempts me to look elsewhere for CRM. 

Having fields visible by pipeline seems like a standard CRM feature. 

• Sven Braam
    Sven Braam Posts: 5
    edited November 2021 #14

This would be so helpful. I do see this as a lack of many CRM's.

We have different type of clients, with so much other custom fields. It's useless to show them to sales if this other type is being bored with stuff that is not typical for that business.

Example:
    We use "deals" also for bookings made from our side. We do track different custom fields like "type of booking" and "Car type". 
    These fields totally are not nesecarry for deals that are from another segment like "API partners". Those custom fields are now also shown, wich is misleading for our sales team.

• Tristan Church
    Tristan Church Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #15

I would love to see this feature.

• Leon Aristou
    Leon Aristou Posts: 1
    edited January 28 #16

Absolutely would love to see this feature. Very surprised it's not being considered..

• Meg Palumbo
    Meg Palumbo Posts: 8
    edited June 20 #17

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

• Brad Cohen
    edited March 31 #18

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

Prepare for the sound of crickets :) 

• Miles Engle
    Miles Engle Posts: 2
    edited April 1 #19
    Sam Boyd said:

Stepping in to voice my opinion here. I would love this feature! 

I would love it, but not only that. We are to the point where this is necessary and it is hurting the way we operate.

• Hanna Homb Reistad
    edited April 4 #20

Same here! Would be an important feature to get more users onboarded from the different teams for one of our pipedrive clients. Unless we can customize the fields that show up in each pipeline, we are not able to svolve our clients needs :-/

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 7 #21

Hi @Meg Palumbo @Brad Cohen, Hanna (sorry somehow can't tag you) and all others! I've been following up with our teams. At the moment there are no really near term plans for this. What I did understand is that on the technical backend side our teams have started making improvements to make this type of feature possible in the future. Once that is done, we need to of course apply these changes in the front-end so that this feature can be used by our customers.

I'll do my best to convince the teams so that hopefully this request comes higher and higher on our priority list. However, at the moment there's no really near term plans to have this feature available to use, sorry.

• Torben Schulthoff
    edited May 11 #22

yes please. Every other CrM has similar functionality. at this time this missing feature ist actively making our lifes a little harder

• Alexander Stade
    Alexander Stade Posts: 3
    edited May 11 #23

This is really unfavorable because it is still not possible to map different services with different requirements due to this missing feature. Every user who wants to map more than one pipeline with different custom fields for these pipelines should have this problem.  

Best regards

Alex

• Elliot Wood
    Elliot Wood Posts: 2
    edited May 11 #24

its insane this is not available, what was ever the point of having multiple pipelines if we cant personalise them with unique custom fields:'(. Does anyone have work arounds to this?

• David Braga Malta
    edited June 20 #25

we would love this feature as well

• This feature would be amazing! We currently work with 2 pipelines and it would make life a lot easier!

• I'll do my best to convince the teams so that hopefully this request comes higher and higher on our priority list. However, at the moment there's no really near term plans to have this feature available to use, sorry.

Any luck convincing them so far @Mike van der Valk? This feature would be really helpful since we require completely different fields for our different pipelines and it's way too cluttered having them all active on all pipelines.

• I would like to refer to another suggestion here. In principle, the same is required there, but from the other direction. 

If you assume that every pipeline has all fields, but you can only see selected ones, then you would not only make the pipelines clearer, but also hide technical fields that are needed for automations. 

Both problems would thus be solved at the same time. 

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/1771/can-we-have-hidden-fields-please

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Bas Jelle Kragt and everyone else.

I just spoke to our Product manager in charge of custom fields functionality in Pipedrive. They are in Q4 this year doing the research into making this feature happen and want to then work on delivering it next year. Unfortunately right now we don't know yet when that will be but it's on the roadmap.

• Graham Cox_55849
    Graham Cox_55849 Posts: 36
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 10 #30

Hi @Mike van der Valk

Thanks for the feedback. This is urgently needed and quite frustrating that you spend time bringing out campaigns, projects and other features before you've got standard functionality available in your CORE CRM product. Important fields is not the solution, we need different fields for different pipelines. Stop thinking of ways to increase average spend and focus on getting the bread and butter CRM product right first. Then add the bells and whistles.

Pipedrive is completely unwieldy if you have tons of custom fields. It staggers me that it needs pointing out to Pipedrive. If you just used your own product like your customers do, you'd realise this. Please fix urgently.

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Graham Cox_55849 thank you for writing here, our sales teams do use Pipedrive and indeed feel the pain you and many other do.

I'm happy to let you know that this development has been prioritised for next year. Can I pass on your email address to our Product Manager working on this so that we can connect with you on this solution?