multiple labels in a deal

Guille_15514
Guille_15514 Member Posts: 5

Is it possible to attach multiple labels to a given deal?

Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @Guille 

Unfortunately this is not possible with the default labels in Pipedrive. However, you can set up multiple option custom fields for this. You can then add multiple options per field on a deal and then later if you'd like also filter on it. Check out this video here for a bit more detail: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/academy/courses/get-started-with-the-basics/chapters/custom-fields-and-filtering

• Brian McMahon_13329
    Brian McMahon_13329 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #3

It would be awesome to be able to add MULTIPLE labels to a deal like you can to a lead. That way we don't have to have a million custom fields.

• Scott Huff
    Scott Huff Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #4

anything to this? what if we are selling multiple product lines to one customer

• Stacy L. Carlson
    Stacy L. Carlson Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2021 #5

Is this on the road map for the future? Custom fields are great, but can be rather cluttering. Tags help alleviate that aspect.

• Greg Valiquette
    Greg Valiquette Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #6

Hello, we use labels for our deals but often run into an issue where a deal meets multiple criteria and we would very much appreciate the ability to have multiple labels for a deal.

Thanks!

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited March 6 #7

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! It has been shared internally.

As a workaround, you could create a multiple option custom field and use it to label deals. You can learn more about custom fields here. If you'd like to explore this further and have any doubts, please reach out to our support - Contacting Pipedrive support

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Justus Lubahn
    Justus Lubahn Member Posts: 42
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #8
    Helio said:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! It has been shared internally.

As a workaround, you could create a multiple option custom field and use it to label deals. You can learn more about custom fields here. If you'd like to explore this further and have any doubts, please reach out to our support - Contacting Pipedrive support

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

This has been requested so many times by so many people... It just does not make sense to me, why you should only be able to apply one label to a Deal. 
    Could we please get some more feedback on this, @Helio ?

• Justus Lubahn
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #9
    Multiple Labels per Deal! (please Vote)
  • Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited March 6 #10
    You could create a custom field of type multiple options?
  • Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 6 #11

The only thing I understand the label field to do vs a custom deal details field is apply a color to the deal tile. And I would not want multiple colors displayed on the deal tile. It would lose all its value and be way too confusing. We use the deal label field to identify what divisional/departmental service is related to the deal: Landscape construction, yellow. Landscape maintenance, Green. Snow and Ice removal, Blue. For us it's perfect and having additional labels and colors would bring no value. A person can use a multiple entry custom deal details field to accomplish something similar to tagging. Multiple colors for multiple labels being displayed on the deal tile doesn't make sense to me. 

• Justus Lubahn
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #12
    I could, but that is not the same. I want to see multiple colors and give Deals multiple Labels if necessary, just having the option of one Label limits the use to very rare and therefore not "labelworthy" info, which is unfortunate.
  • Sandeep Kumar
    Sandeep Kumar Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #13

Any update on this, by tags we mean the autocomplete text field in Deal, Org, Person. I don't understand how restricting it to a single value is of much use?

• Manuel_46477
    Manuel_46477 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #14

Not only for Deals but also very interesting to be applied also to Organizations. 

• Karsten Sturm
    Karsten Sturm Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #15

The possibility to tag deals, organizations and customers would be great! :-) #taglovers #taggingisbeautiful 

• Brent Kobayashi
    Brent Kobayashi Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 6 #16

Agreed - please make deal labels like lead labels

• Daniel Dubalski
    Daniel Dubalski Member Posts: 15
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 6 #17

+1 on this feature request 🙋‍♂️

• Lukas
    Lukas Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #18

Hello everyone, this feature has been requested so many times, and it still is not here. I am using Pipedrive with 3 different accounts, and in each one this would be a very helpful feature. Check out an app like Clickup, with probably the same level of complexity as Pipedrive, and see how helpful the multiple label option is. The "multiple option custom field" is really a bad workaround. //.,..+1 for this request.

• Boris Bauer
    Boris Bauer Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 6 #19

As far as I know you can only have one label at a time for deals, contacts and leads. One way to work around it is to create multiple custom fields. In your case "product 1", "product 2", "product 3", etc

• mattbitt
    mattbitt Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #20

We would also find this a very useful feature