Permissions for Pipelines

Beth W.
Beth W. Member Posts: 1
edited December 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I would love to see a "Permissions" setting that allows administrators to dictate what Pipelines users have access to. The users would then only be able to see deals and contacts that are connected with that Pipeline as well.

Tagged:
5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Feature now available!

Comments

• Wesley Archer
    Wesley Archer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

Our company has two separate products, that are treated as two separate businesses for all intents and purposes. The sales users on each product does not need to see what the other team has in their pipeline etc. We rarely have customers that crossover and use both products at the same time.

Whilst we can restrict who sees deals, it would be so much nicer if we could have the option to restrict who sees which pipeline based on the team they are added to. This way, we can keep separate pipelines for each product, and then have no concerns about sales users viewing other pipelines.

The reason for this is that we hire contractors at times, and we do not want them to have unrestricted access to every pipeline in the platform. Adding some sort of ability to only show certain pipelines to specific teams would resolve this.

Currently, the teams can see all pipelines, but some appear blank because they cannot see the deals - seems strange to stop there.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #3

Hi @Wesley Archer , thank you for your feedback and for exposing your use case so clearly!

We get this suggestion from users every now and then and I've made sure to forward your to the team too, for consideration.

• Wesley Archer
    Wesley Archer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #4

Hi @Wesley Archer , thank you for your feedback and for exposing your use case so clearly!

We get this suggestion from users every now and then and I've made sure to forward your to the team too, for consideration.

Thanks @Inês Batata. I was advised to come here by Marianna on Intercom. I do have a question - if it has been suggested before, how come it is not yet a feature? I appreciate you have to prioritise, but as somebody who also works in SaaS, we tend to go with the popular suggestions when adding features to our platforms, so just makes me wonder why such an obvious feature is missing here...

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #5

Hi Wesley! 

It's been our philosophy not to build our roadmap solely based on requests or upvoting, but we do keep our ears open to user feedback and often use it as a starting point for our Research team to dig more into it and use that data for product decisions. When we tell you we've forwarded it internally for the respective team to look at it, we really have - it didn't go into a Big Black Hole of Nothingness ™️ 😉

Like you said, we also have to make prioritization decisions and so far that change has been superseded by improvements to other parts of PIpedrive and creating new features that we think will have a greater impact.

Stay tuned here in the Community for announcements about beta-testing new things, we know this is an excellent source of user feedback. Have a great week!

• Franziska Palumbo-Seidel
    Franziska Palumbo-Seidel Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #6

Currently we can only create visibility groups per deal, people, organization and products. Is there a way to add also a visibility per pipeline? 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #7

Hi @Franziska Palumbo-Seidel currently not, but I've heard this request before. I'll make sure our team sees this!

• Michal_22935
    Michal_22935 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #8

Would be a great feature to be able to control the visibility of individual pipelines to team members. 

I have a marketing, sales and client pipeline - and the client one contains all agreements, invoices, client information etc. that other team member's shouldn't see. 

But at the moment there's no way for me to control that.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #9

Hi @Michal Sestak 

Thanks, passing on that suggestion to our team! In the meantime you can control the visibility of deals inside the pipeline to make sure some of your users will just see empty pipelines. Not exactly what you asked for, but this way you can still control who sees what.

• Michal_22935
    Michal_22935 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #10

Hi @Michal Sestak 

Thanks, passing on that suggestion to our team! In the meantime you can control the visibility of deals inside the pipeline to make sure some of your users will just see empty pipelines. Not exactly what you asked for, but this way you can still control who sees what.

great, thanks. 

Even if in the visibility group settings I have set everybody to see everything, if I set the visibility on the deal to 'just owner' it will work? (meaning, other team members don't see the deal)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #11

Hi @Michal Sestak 

Yep @Michal Sestak whatever is set on the deal/contact itself is leading.

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #12

I would like this feature as well. Think it has been requested in many places on here already.

(1) Restrict access to pipelines (pipedrive.com)

(1) Restrict pipeline visibility by teams (pipedrive.com)

@Mike van der Valk is this something that will be available soon?

• Neil Smith_36454
    Neil Smith_36454 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #13

Good Afternoon,

We have a similar need to Wesley, are we able to lock the pipeline so only certain users can access it and not all our pipelines?

Many thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #14

I would like this feature as well. Think it has been requested in many places on here already.

(1) Restrict access to pipelines (pipedrive.com)

(1) Restrict pipeline visibility by teams (pipedrive.com)

@Mike van der Valk is this something that will be available soon?

Hi @Laura Maier there's no ETA on this but I know we have a big team pushing many visibility and permission features including these you mention. I'll let them know you can't wait for it to be live :) 

• Milan Dobrota
    Milan Dobrota Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #15

Hello - same here!

Best.

• Sebastian Herke
    Sebastian Herke Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #16

Hello - same here as well. 

Best regards, 

Sebastian

• Lynda Reilly
    Lynda Reilly Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #17

Is there a way to assign specific users to specific pipelines?

We have a few pipelines and only want one user to use and see one pipeline.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023 #18

Not a way that I can find. Visibility is limited to the following 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited January 2023 #19

Restrict the users to only be able to see their own deals, and if there are no deals part of the other pipelines, they shouldn't have interaction to those. 

• Jon Louch
    Jon Louch Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2023 #20

Hi @Franziska Palumbo-Seidel currently not, but I've heard this request before. I'll make sure our team sees this!

Hi @Mike van der Valk , is there any update on this suggested feature as this would also be beneficial to our use of PD. Thank you

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2023 #21

any updates please @Mike van der Valk ?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #22

Hi @Jon Louch and @Laura Maier I know we have a team looking at next level visibility and permissions settings. Currently it's research phase so no promises but I'll pass on your suggestions to them! :) Thanks for sharing.

• Daniel Jensen
    Daniel Jensen Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2023 #23

Hi,

Is there any news on this? :-)

• Martin Kanaan
    Martin Kanaan Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2022 #24

It would be great to have the possibility as admin to set pipeline visibility & access rights for users.   

• Hamza Nadeem
    Hamza Nadeem Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #25

Hi, any updates on this. 

• Beverley Tyrrell
    Beverley Tyrrell Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2023 #26

Would also really appreciate this feature becoming available in Pipedrive.

Thank you :-)

• Richard_13978
    Richard_13978 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #27

hi, it would be useful if a pipeline could be private or shared with some identified users. Thanks !

• Melissa & Heather (House Acct)
    edited January 2023 #28

I am also curious to know if this has been resolved? I have the same need to restrict certain Pipelines from the team. Any updates?

• Daniel Jensen
    Daniel Jensen Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2023 #29

I am also curious to know if this has been resolved? I have the same need to restrict certain Pipelines from the team. Any updates?

I have been in touch with some Pipedrive employees recently, and it did sound like (though the response was vague) that it is actually something that they are working on. Not sure what it means, but it would be great to get some official update.

• Nat Carmack
    Nat Carmack Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #30

I'd like to be able to limit the visibility of pipelines to certain users or teams.

Different service teams don't need to see each other's pipelines.

• Henrik Berglind_61180
    Henrik Berglind_61180 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #31

@Mike van der Valk Any update on this functionality (next level visibility and permissions settings for pipelines)? 

Thank you

henrik

This discussion has been closed.