Web Form should update only an existing DEAL

Manfred Gabler
Manfred Gabler Member Posts: 1
First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi, i´m searching for an option to use web forms, but only for existing Deals. 

I want to sent out a web form (Web forms, JotForm, Google Form...)  to collect further standardized informations from allready existing deals/customer in PD. 

Up to now i did not find any feature to assign that webform feedback, to existing deals.

Obviously web form can only be used to converte/create an new deal, out of the webform feedback of my customer. 

Any idea how i can update existing Deals with web form?

Comments

• Finbarr
    Finbarr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

I am setting up webforms to capture details to set up deals.

I am then using automation to 'nurture' these deals with a series of automated emails.

One of the nurturing emails will ask the person to sign up to our service.  I would like to use a webform, but instead of creating a new deal, I would like to update the stage of an existing deal to move it to 'Won'.

How can I do this?

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2023 #3

Hi Finbarr,

Are you using the Pipedrive Web Forms?
    If so, it's not possible to update existing deals as it would require the person filling in the webform to know their own Deal ID number (which can't be added through a webform).

• Finbarr
    Finbarr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2023 #4

I thought that maybe there was a way to match against the email address.

Perhaps you can suggest a means of achieving the following:

1. Lead magnet is used to record a deal in Pipedrive.
    2. Automation sends out a series of follow emails.
    3. On receipt of one of those emails, the contact decides to subscribe to the service I am selling.
    4. Now I need to stop the remainder of the nurturing emails, and change the deal stage to 'Won'.

How can I achieve this without manual intervention?

• involve.me
    involve.me Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited February 2023 #5

We at involve.me think adding this as an option in the automation would help.

If you think so too, you can upvote the suggestion here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5ea31f3267eede27973ab0c9

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi @ErbTeilung!

The only way I can see to do this would be using the Deal ID and and an integration from our marketplace, but by default our webforms will always generate a new deal or lead. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Another alternative might be using our API directly, if you're comfortable with it, see here.

Hope that helps!

• Lynz Floren
    Lynz Floren Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2023 #7

Hi Finbarr,

Are you using the Pipedrive Web Forms?
    If so, it's not possible to update existing deals as it would require the person filling in the webform to know their own Deal ID number (which can't be added through a webform).

Is Pipedrive working on resolving this? 

• Lynz Floren
    Lynz Floren Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #8

Hi @ErbTeilung!

The only way I can see to do this would be using the Deal ID and and an integration from our marketplace, but by default our webforms will always generate a new deal or lead. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Another alternative might be using our API directly, if you're comfortable with it, see here.

Hope that helps!

I see the community asking for this regularly. Does Pipedrive have any intention fix this?

• Jesus Bosch
    Jesus Bosch Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited February 2023 #9

any updates from Pipedrive on this?

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper

Hi @Jesus Bosch

Currently, this is still not possible in our system. Pipedrive Deals do not have duplicate rules in our system (the same Contact can have multiple deals open with the same data) and this is why it is tricky to implement any update option via our Web Forms. We are sharing the feedback with our Product team, but have no clear review on the future of this request right now.

• Jesus Bosch

@Kreete K Idk, I solved it via Zapier finally. But I will see if my (quite big) organization is going to accept Zapier's terms and policies, that tool is cool for startups but is pandora's box for big corps. If it can be done in Zapier I don't understand why is that complicated... but you must know better.

• Marina Mendez
    Marina Mendez Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment

hi @Jesus Bosch can you tell me more about how you solved this via zapier?

• Jesus Bosch

with zapier I find the person based on the mail input in the webform, then its deal

• Hi,

@Finbarr @Marina Mendez,

I have solved such a problem with LeadBox. It is possible to upgrade with new information all or just empty fields in existing active deals. And put a task for the owner of the deal, that information is already filled.

Will be glad to provide more information about functional and opportunities with LeadBox App

• Pascal_13251
    Pascal_13251 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

It is absolutely possible. You could create a link which includes in the ID of the deal. Then this link is "hardwired" to a specific deal. Then whoever fills in information will update this very deal. I see no reason why this should not be possible. Please explain.