Anyone here need to send email from your domain alias (G-Suite)?

Anyone here need to send email from your domain alias (G-Suite)?  In my case I badly need it. 

I have 2 brands, I would like to send email in pipedrive using my other brand. I have 2 domain, first one is brand1.com (primary domain) the second is brand2.com (domain alias).

I would love to be able to send email to my contacts in pipedrive using the domain alias as the FROM email address ([email protected]).

I really hope this could be allowed because it's a pain to switch from pipedrive to g-suite (gmail) just to be able to send email from my domain alias. Plus I'll be missing out on the email tracking feature of pipedrive if I send from gmail.

Please! please! please! I hope Pipedrive can make this happen.

I have a feeling a lot of users need this ability and most likely several have requested this as well.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @Randall Pena 

As you've seen it's unfortunately not possible right now. I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team will see you suggestion for future updates. Thanks for sharing!

• Jesper Qvist
    Jesper Qvist Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #3

This is quite mission critical for many, something Hubspot offered for a long time, any timeline when that will be possible? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #4

This is quite mission critical for many, something Hubspot offered for a long time, any timeline when that will be possible? 

Hi @Jesper Qvist unfortunately no ETA. We're currently reviewing and planning the roadmap for next year. I'll highlight this to our team again working on emails in Pipedrive 

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Posts: 20
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 5 #5

Hi @Mike van der Valk , do you happen to have news on this? I really hope it's in the roadmap. Thank you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #6

Hi @Mike van der Valk , do you happen to have news on this? I really hope it's in the roadmap. Thank you.

Hi @Randall Pena I wish I had good news but it's not clear at the moment. We're actually currently hiring extra people for this area of email to further invest and improve it. I'll pass it on to the people already there so hopefully soon with some more power we can tackle these suggestions!

• Gina Kesler
    Gina Kesler Posts: 2
    edited May 2021 #7

Have you now added the staff you referred to above to improve the g-suite alias email need? I'm literally importing and transitioning to PD today...but this is a show stopper. We have 4 email aliases and we MUST use every one of them. PD needs to listen to its customers as there's several mentions for this feature out here.

• Liam Dillon
    Liam Dillon Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021 #8

In the same boat here. I love Pipedrive but this is a required feature for us. I'm now reluctantly looking at other CRMs which do support this, including Close.com and Hubspot CRM.

• Tassos Cotsis
    Tassos Cotsis Posts: 4
    edited May 5 #9

This is indeed of critical importance for so many businesses out there. Please make an effort to bring it forward!

• Alexandre Daltro
    Alexandre Daltro Posts: 1
    edited May 5 #10

@Mike van der Valk  Any news on this?

• Jarek Rydz
    Jarek Rydz Posts: 7
    edited June 2021 #11

@Mike van der Valk please write when this function will be available.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2021 #12

Hi @Jarek and @Alexandre Daltro 
    I just spoke with our product manager and she confirmed it's on the wishlist for sure! We're first working on some more urgent technical updates in the background at the moment. I've asked her to please consider this for one of the next updates :) 

• Randall Pena
    edited June 2021 #13

That is really great news @Mike van der Valk! No more switching of browser tabs to gmail and more time closing deals from within pipedrive.

• Ryan Grams
    Ryan Grams Posts: 2
    edited May 5 #14

Hey! New user here. Just signed up for my trial and I've gotta say, this is a rather important feature for me and will be a major deciding factor when looking at switching from our current setup.

I love how easy this is from within Gmail. I've noticed that other third party apps like Superhuman have this functionality built in as well.

• Rubidium Web
    Rubidium Web Posts: 3
    edited May 5 #15

Any update @Mike van der Valk  ?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2021 #16

Hi @Rubidium Web double checked internally and the plan is still to be able to do this. We have a bunch of regulatory and GDPR work for the beginning of the year and we hope to get to it later.

• Scott Himmel
    Scott Himmel Posts: 1
    edited May 5 #17

I wanted to share how important this feature is for me, too. I've been really happy with Pipedrive, but not being able to send from an alias has been really frustrating. Any update on the ETA?

• Zac Jackson
    Zac Jackson Posts: 4
    edited May 11 #18

@Mike van der Valk I wanted to follow up on this, this is a MUST HAVE feature for our organization. It would help us out a lot if this was integrated.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 5 #19

@Mike van der Valk I wanted to follow up on this, this is a MUST HAVE feature for our organization. It would help us out a lot if this was integrated.

Thanks for the tag @Zac Jackson I've asked our Product manager of the email team to reconsider this work. At the moment it's not on top of the list and we're working on some pieces of work to improve scalability of the email features as a whole. Hopefully this is something we can pick up in the future.

• Randall Pena
    edited May 5 #20

Thank you @Mike van der Valk looking forward to this. Hope it will be part of development plan in the near future.

• Kevin Sinnott
    Kevin Sinnott Posts: 1
    edited May 11 #21

Yes, I can't believe it's not at the top of your list. I will have to leave Pipedrive after this project if I can't use gmail to send from pipedrive. As is, I'm copying the email and pasting it to Gmail. I'll check back, but I notice while scrolling you have had users asking for quite a while.