Anybody knows what G Ft means?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @Greg Born !

From your screenshot it seems like you're looking at a graph from Insights, so I'd say the "G" stands for "giga", the unit of Ft represented by the bar. It's a simple way of visually shortening long numbers, like using "M" for "million". 

Hope that helped! :)

• Greg Born
    Greg Born Posts: 9
    edited October 2020 #3

Ines, you are cool, but Giga is not that number in hungarian.  I made a long explanation to André, but here is the sum of it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales?fbclid=IwAR2oXYT6D6IQarPm-gLroQyYey60XTO32dNw6Wl2WPu3pu4CACclpUFjg94

The world's mathematicians managed to name two numbers the same in english.

In English this is both a Billion.

Now in hungarian language neithert of them has an abbreviation. Its Billó anyway.

so coming back to our oringinal issue:

2.682.415.000 is
    2.6 billió

not

2.6G

for sure.

and since we are actually using these numbers, it would matter, to those who actually understand these numbers in Forints.

• Greg Born
    Greg Born Posts: 9
    edited February 24 #4

hmm... today i had a feedback from Pipedrive (André), that explains it better, but not fully... if G would be an abbreviation of the language, i set my pipedrive  Personal Preferences / language... but I still don't think  it's a G in English either :)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #5
    Greg Born said:

hmm... today i had a feedback from Pipedrive (André), that explains it better, but not fully... if G would be an abbreviation of the language, i set my pipedrive  Personal Preferences / language... but I still don't think  it's a G in English either :)

Hi @Greg Born thank you for your feedback :) I will forward it internally to our team for consideration.

• Kerttu
    Kerttu Posts: 5
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited October 2020 #6

Hey @Greg Born !

This is Kerttu from our Pipedrive localization team :)

I had a look in your question and would need to check a few things before reaching to a final conclusion regarding this request. For that, could you please send a full-page screenshot of that same graph from the Insights section in your account?

That helps to compare certain details on our end and explain the whole situation going on with the characters shown in your first screenshot.