VAT in products/documents

Hi,

When I create a product, I think that Pipedrive is considering that VAT is included.

How to exclude it ? That is a problem when I create a document. I want  the total price to be shown :

What I have today in my docs :

Price : 1000 €
Tax : 833.33 €

That is false...

What I want : 

Price without tax : 1000 €
Tax : 200 € 
Total price : 1200 €

You'll say that I have the possibilité to define my product price to 1200 €. But as I'm working B2B, we are talking tax-free. Do you have a solution ?

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @David Bellaïche , thank you for your feedback and for explaining your use case so clearly, it really helps.

I did some testing on my side and indeed the system is assuming that the tax % is included in the Product price and not something to be added to it. This does not apply to all situations, like yours, and it would indeed be nice to have more options.

Right now I'm afraid that the solution will have to be to manually correct the prices, but I completely understand that that goes against the point. I'm going to forward your feedback to the team so they can consider it for future developments, as this feature is still in beta and will have further improvements (although I can't promise anything in particular 🤞).

Thank you for your understanding!

• David Bellaïche
    David Bellaïche Posts: 23
    edited January 23 #3

Hi @David Bellaïche , thank you for your feedback and for explaining your use case so clearly, it really helps.

I did some testing on my side and indeed the system is assuming that the tax % is included in the Product price and not something to be added to it. This does not apply to all situations, like yours, and it would indeed be nice to have more options.

Right now I'm afraid that the solution will have to be to manually correct the prices, but I completely understand that that goes against the point. I'm going to forward your feedback to the team so they can consider it for future developments, as this feature is still in beta and will have further improvements (although I can't promise anything in particular 🤞).

Hi Ines, thanks for your reply. After a few searches on this community, I've found some other posts talking about this problem.

I think you'll get a lot of happy customers with the release of this option

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Posts: 86
    5 Up Votes
    edited January 23 #4

Yes PLEASE! It is an absolute necessary function.

• Olav Wolters
    Olav Wolters Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #5

Please follow up on this feature! 

• Nicholas Müller
    Nicholas Müller Posts: 1
    edited January 23 #6

Hello Ines, any updates regarding this? 

We just upgraded our licenses solely for the purpose of adding products and are experiencing the same problems as David since we're working B2B.

Looking forward to an update.

• Inês Batata
    edited January 23 #7

Hi @Olav Wolters !

We plan to make several improvements to Products in 2021, but right now I don't have the information to tell you if VAT is part of that list. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. We will definitely announce them here in the Community once we have more concrete information to share. Thank you for your patience.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Inês Batata
    edited January 23 #8

Hello @Nicholas Müller !

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting an optimal experience with Products at the moment. We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

We plan to make several improvements to Products in 2021, but right now I don't have the information to tell you if VAT is part of that list. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. We will definitely announce them here in the Community once we have more concrete information to share. Thank you for your patience.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Stijn Verrept
    Stijn Verrept Posts: 2
    edited February 25 #9

We're experiencing the exact same problem.  We even sent out multiple quotes that had wrong tax calculated.

Also: when we export abroad, we don't need to add VAT, so having products with VAT included as a default makes no sense at all.  The VAT can be different for each deal (depending on the location of the customer).

• Jarek Rydz
    Jarek Rydz Posts: 7
    edited January 23 #10

We're experiencing the exact same problem.  We even sent out multiple quotes that had wrong tax calculated.

Also: when we export abroad, we don't need to add VAT, so having products with VAT included as a default makes no sense at all.  The VAT can be different for each deal (depending on the location of the customer).

We have the same problem.

• Remco
    Remco Posts: 4
    edited January 23 #11

Still nothing? 7 months ago. This is the B2B standard...

• Ray Golding
    Ray Golding Posts: 1
    edited January 23 #12

Exactly the same problem, was hoping this had been resolved. 

Surely it can be the complicated just to add an the option to be able to show VAT as an additional charge.

• Martin Morsing Larsen
    edited January 23 #13

same challenge here

• Louis Morell
    Louis Morell Posts: 1
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 23 #14

Hello Guys, 

Same problem here with the lack of this basic B2B function i was looking for when i purchased an advanced plan. 

The only trick i could come up with is to use the "reduction" column" (for witch the calculator works) and put "-10%", -"20%" depending on the taxes you whant.. 

Hope this helps 

• Remco
    Remco Posts: 4
    edited January 23 #15

Almost over a year now... how is it possible that a basic B2B functionality still not exists? 

EDIT: past a year now...

• Julian Steinbuch
    Julian Steinbuch Posts: 2
    edited January 23 #16

Has this been addressed in any way, Ines? Thanks

• David Bellaïche
    David Bellaïche Posts: 23
    edited February 4 #17

Hi @Inês Batata 

I've just re-plug the Document add-on to my Pipedrive account and found out that the VAT problem has nos been resolved. Is that correct ?

• Robert Holm_85508
    edited June 27 #18

Any news on this? This is very strage, why is this not implemented?

• Hi, we also have an issue using VAT in products. Saw the previous post starting in October 2020, now 2 years later...Any news on this?

• I don't understand how this can not be tackled already.

So many customers are asking for this and requiring this in their daily needs. As we do.

@Inês Batata still no idea on when this is on the roadmap?

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Moderator Posts: 38 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper

Hi everyone, 

@Martin Pfeiffer @Olav Wolters @Nicholas Müller @Stijn Verrept @Jarek Rydz @Ray Golding @Martin Morsing Larsen @Louis Morell @Remco @Julian Steinbuch @David Bellaïche @Robert Holm_85508 @Bart Sturkenboom_76390 @Wannesd

In 2023 we are focusing in improving significantly the Products feature. Having Tax exclusive is at the top of the list.

Feel free to suggest other improvements you would like in the Products Catalog besides tax exclusive for us to take in consideration during research phase. Many thanks.

• This is a great news! This feature is a must for some of our customers. Have been over half a year as I raised this up in other discussion earlier this year. Hope to get this done asap in January!

Thanks!

-Outi-

• Finallllly this is a big must thanks a lot. Would love to see this being implemented ASAP.