Is there a way to score leads based on behavior on website ?

Dul
Dul Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hey!

Wondering if there is a way for me to score leads based on the pages people have visited on my website. I would like to have an action or have the lead earn points as they browse through my website.

The points would then reflect on the properties of the leads in Pipedrive.

Is there a way to make this work using only Pipedrive or even different integrations with other tools?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited October 2020 #2

At the moment, there is not a way to score leads based on the actions they perform on your website, 

• Sven Jänchen
    Sven Jänchen Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

Yes, there is... but only if you use the right CMS like Sitecore or Kentico. Another way is to use a dedicated marketing automation system like dotdigital. You have to place a cookie of the marketing automation tool on your websites and then you can use the gathered information about clicking and surfing behaviour for scoring and segmentation purposes.

If you need support on these issues, do not hesitate to contact me via private message. 

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi Dul, several Pipedrive integrations have the lead scoring feature. See more information about Outfunnel's lead scoring functionality here, and to my understanding Saleswings and Salespanel offer Pipedrive-compatible solutions as well (but I haven't user them myself)

• Johnny · Leadcentral
    Johnny · Leadcentral Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #5

Yes, but you have to build the lead scoring model on your own business data. First, unify the web data from Analytics, with your Pipedrive data and Phone records. Then build a regression model, based on what you are trying to achieve - i.e. new clients, sales, maximise profits. Based on this, the model is able to predict from new data who is more likely to do what you want, and you are able to engage at the right time.

• Dul
    edited October 2020 #6

Yes, there is... but only if you use the right CMS like Sitecore or Kentico. Another way is to use a dedicated marketing automation system like dotdigital. You have to place a cookie of the marketing automation tool on your websites and then you can use the gathered information about clicking and surfing behaviour for scoring and segmentation purposes.

If you need support on these issues, do not hesitate to contact me via private message. 

Thanks Sven, got it :)

• Dul
    edited October 2020 #7

Hi Dul, several Pipedrive integrations have the lead scoring feature. See more information about Outfunnel's lead scoring functionality here, and to my understanding Saleswings and Salespanel offer Pipedrive-compatible solutions as well (but I haven't user them myself)

Thanks, Andrus! I will be sure to checkout Outfunnel.

• Dul
    edited October 2020 #8

Yes, but you have to build the lead scoring model on your own business data. First, unify the web data from Analytics, with your Pipedrive data and Phone records. Then build a regression model, based on what you are trying to achieve - i.e. new clients, sales, maximise profits. Based on this, the model is able to predict from new data who is more likely to do what you want, and you are able to engage at the right time.

Thanks for the short but pretty clear process explanation :D

• Sven Jänchen
    Sven Jänchen Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #9

@Johnny · Leadcentral, it sounds to me a bit "over-engineered".  You are right if it comes to a large amount of customer. In the B2B context, you usually have not so much data points to derive meaningfully predictions. On the other hand, you will only find a good scoring model for visitor's behaviour. How about profile scoring. There you find usually nominal scaled variables where different expressions have the same content, e.g. "VP Marketing" and  "Principal Marketeer".  With this kind of data one is not able to do regressions.

• Marie Harte
    Marie Harte Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #10

I use a label facility and tag them with a colour on their behaviour and interaction with me - this is quite simple and it adds it to their cards so I remember - I just customise that label field and call it qualification RAG

• Johnny · Leadcentral
    edited October 2020 #11

@Johnny · Leadcentral, it sounds to me a bit "over-engineered".  You are right if it comes to a large amount of customer. In the B2B context, you usually have not so much data points to derive meaningfully predictions. On the other hand, you will only find a good scoring model for visitor's behaviour. How about profile scoring. There you find usually nominal scaled variables where different expressions have the same content, e.g. "VP Marketing" and  "Principal Marketeer".  With this kind of data one is not able to do regressions.

Well, I disagree with all of the above.  

• Johnny · Leadcentral
    edited October 2020 #12

I use a label facility and tag them with a colour on their behaviour and interaction with me - this is quite simple and it adds it to their cards so I remember - I just customise that label field and call it qualification RAG

Sometimes thats all you need. 

• Wart Fransen_149
    Wart Fransen_149 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited October 2020 #13

Hi Dul,

Yes this is possible, but you will need an integration like LeadBoxer or others. We allow you to set a score based on web and email behaviour, and profile data. this will then be pushed to Pipedrive every time we detect activity.

Also, we add email and website behaviour as Pipedrive Activities, so you can use these in your Pipedrive Automater to build your workflow.

hope this helps!