Email folders

Damian Scattergood
Damian Scattergood Member Posts: 10
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

Hi,

Does anyone have advice if you can use email folders in pipedrive. We are using pipedrive 100% for email. However there are no folder options I can find - so we can't prioritise emails. Any advice? Is this feature being planned? 

Thanks in advance.

D

4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Jason Fisher
    Jason Fisher Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

New here, so not sure if this has been asked. Is anyone else surprised you can not create folders within the pipedrive email? It seems like an important feature.

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 16 #4

Hi @Jason Fisher , I had the same thought at the beginning! But in all honesty once You start linking your emails to deals and all future emails pop up in assigned deals and additionally You use the powerful filtering tools inside email You won't need folders anymore. Outlook and Co are great and super complex tools but traditional email tools failed to evolve as future proof tools beyond their original scope. 

The trick is: Pipedrive is amazing in handling emails, linking to deals etc. but there is still some work to do to keep our inbox tidy, viewing/reading experience, email multiple signature, syncing multiple emails etc. as we all would love to keep that scope inside PD and not going back again to outlook therefore. 

Your decision making question might be is there anything missing inside PD which your email platform offers?

For me there are couple of things which need to be sorted out first in PD prior considering dropping outlook completely!

This depends also on the user case/volume. Some might have only couple thousand emails others might deal with 100k emails or more per year

Am still using Outlook Exchange Server to organize my inbox via folders but I would really hope that one fine day PD can organize those emails via simple automation based on to which company they are linked to and organize them directly into dedicated folders or MAYBE folders will be redundant due to further email functionality improvements inside PD that make outlook/Co redundant.

Cheers,

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 16 #5

Hi @Jason Fisher , I had the same thought at the beginning! But in all honesty once You start linking your emails to deals and all future emails pop up in assigned deals and additionally You use the powerful filtering tools inside email You won't need folders anymore. Outlook and Co are great and super complex tools but traditional email tools failed to evolve as future proof tools beyond their original scope. 

The trick is: Pipedrive is amazing in handling emails, linking to deals etc. but there is still some work to do to keep our inbox tidy, viewing/reading experience, email multiple signature, syncing multiple emails etc. as we all would love to keep that scope inside PD and not going back again to outlook therefore. 

Your decision making question might be is there anything missing inside PD which your email platform offers?

For me there are couple of things which need to be sorted out first in PD prior considering dropping outlook completely!

This depends also on the user case/volume. Some might have only couple thousand emails others might deal with 100k emails or more per year

Am still using Outlook Exchange Server to organize my inbox via folders but I would really hope that one fine day PD can organize those emails via simple automation based on to which company they are linked to and organize them directly into dedicated folders or MAYBE folders will be redundant due to further email functionality improvements inside PD that make outlook/Co redundant.

Cheers,

Great comments @Martin Pfeiffer 🚀

• Colin de Vries
    Colin de Vries Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 16 #6

i second this request. I have folders in my regular mail but the sync put them all in one view.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2021 #7

Hello @Damian Scattergood , thank you for your feedback! Email folders in the Pipedrive inbox are not planned for the immediate future, but our developers are certainly looking into that possibility!

I have added the topic Feedback & Suggestions, so your request is automatically forwarded internally to our developers as a note for consideration 📝

In the meantime I recommend:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join   Research and Beta Testing  for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

• Jeff Bradley
    Jeff Bradley Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 16 #8

How can I access my Outlook email folders when working in Pipedrive?

• Charlie_48153
    Charlie_48153 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 16 #9

I don't think you can directly see them or add things to folders. You can choose to sync only specific folders though. https://app.pipedrive.com/settings/email-sync

• Kathryn Owen
    Kathryn Owen Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #10

Hi,

Are there any plans for Pipedrive to develop the option of email folders? 

I want to use Pipedrive as my go-to single-use CRM without having to yo-yo to outlook. Many of my emails are not leads and general "info only" stuff that I still want to organise. 

If it's going to be a while, can someone suggest a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

• Maggie
    Maggie Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

I have the same issue and concern.

Thanks in advance for putting this up to top priority!

• TAMAR NAIM
    TAMAR NAIM Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 16 #12

I'm also struggling with the subject even though there is a powerful filtering tool , if I wish to see my inbox with no filters I will never be able to see it clearing up.

• Jacob BB
    Jacob BB Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 16 #13

it is almost 2024, so far no folders to organize my emails, it is very concerning since I saw a post from Pipedrive, telling that they are working on it (this was 2021),

Any update?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited January 16 #14

Hi @Jacob BB, thank you for the feedback! There’s no roadmap for this feature yet, but I’m merging your and other members’ feedback into the same thread for our product team's consideration.