Deal Source

Options
Abbie Ross
Abbie Ross Member Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary

I find it quite an oversight that Pipedrive has no default category for lead source. We have manually added this field to deals, but as a manual field it means we are unable to build a report on it for our dashboarding. Massive oversight for a company that is focussing around new facilities like web visitors and randomly starting to charge for previously free forms... what's the point in having a form that creates a certain deal without being able to classify and measure source. 

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Abbie Ross , thank you for your feedback!

I understand your frustration as the Leads feature is still under development and a lot of the things we want it to do and that will make your life easier are still cooking. Thank you for your patience.

That being said, currently it's already possible to categorise the source of your leads by using the options in the "Source" drop-down menu; for manually created leads I recommend using "Import". Unfortunately at the moment these are not carried over when the lead gets converted to deal, which is not ideal, and I've made sure to forward your suggestion internally to our team for when they'll work on updates again.

We've also recently added the option to use custom fields in Insights reports, read all about it here.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Jesus Bosch
    Jesus Bosch Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Abbie Ross , thank you for your feedback!

I understand your frustration as the Leads feature is still under development and a lot of the things we want it to do and that will make your life easier are still cooking. Thank you for your patience.

That being said, currently it's already possible to categorise the source of your leads by using the options in the "Source" drop-down menu; for manually created leads I recommend using "Import". Unfortunately at the moment these are not carried over when the lead gets converted to deal, which is not ideal, and I've made sure to forward your suggestion internally to our team for when they'll work on updates again.

We've also recently added the option to use custom fields in Insights reports, read all about it here.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

what is the current status of this? you posted this 2 years ago. thanks

• Mark Haller
    Mark Haller Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Just searched to see where Lead / Deal Source was - huge oversight. Just received a referral from one of our partners and this is basic stuff that I cannot log

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

You can do this now using a single option field, which can also be used in Insights.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Newsletter: FREE Pipedrive Tips

Resources: Pipedrive Training Videos | 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples

PS: Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.