WorkFlow Automation

Almog
Almog Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hey . I'm a new Pipedrive user and im thrilled to start with it ! I wanted to ask you all as a community about the automations in Pipedrive, what automation do you all use ? why do you use these automation ? how did you create it ? If you have some tips for automation that made your life easier please leave a comment . Catch me on on the mail too -    Almog@Beyondcloud.co.il

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,518
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

I use automation for leads assignment, both based on segments and based on location.

I also use them to create post-sales activities for my teams.

I also use them to update the person/organization ownership when the deal ownership changes.

When a new deal is created, I create an activity automatically so that they can work from the Activities tab at all times.

Most of my automation are geared towards keeping the team in the Activities tab, which means I create activities as part of automation mostly.

• Almog
    edited October 2020 #3

I use automation for leads assignment, both based on segments and based on location.

I also use them to update the person/organization ownership when the deal ownership changes.

When a new deal is created, I create an activity automatically so that they can work from the Activities tab at all times.

Most of my automation are geared towards keeping the team in the Activities tab, which means I create activities as part of automation mostly.

Hey, Thank you for the reply.

I would like you to expend some of the automations on mail, like what the automation do and how did you create it. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

• Andrey Henke
    Andrey Henke Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2020 #4

hey Almog,

every time a deal is closed, we create different type of activities for different people inside the process.

we have also created e-mail templates, and used them to notify departments of the company that are not using pipedrive about the status of the deal.

for example:

we communicate the production area that a new deal was closed, in order to start verifying stock and time for production.

we also inform the financial department when all stages of sale was concluded, in order to charge the client.

hope this helps!

• Almog
    edited October 2020 #5

Great Thanks alot !!!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2020 #6

Hi @Almog , great to see your enthusiasm about Pipedrive and the Community 😄

Awesome idea to come ask the Community for tips, that's exactly the spirit. You can also learn how to get the most out of Workflow Automations:

Hope that helps!

• Niels Holswilder
    Niels Holswilder Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #7

Most workflow automations I made are for post-sales activities . I also made some that are triggered by an activity that is marked as done to move the deal forward in the pipeline. To give an insight in the workflows I made.

After a deal is won it is move to a new pipeline and create activities like send an order confirmation, send a for approval drawing,  make a production document, send reminder regarding the drawing and more. Then after the drawing is sent, the deal moves from making drawing to awaiting approval.

For the sales part I haven't made many automations.  Perhaps I will do this in the future but I haven't found to a standard set of activities or other things to write in a automation.

In my opinion the best start would be to try and formulate a standard set of activities or other stuff and write that down. Then discuss this with your team and perhaps start trying it out manually or just write the automation and adjust later on if needed.

• Minhaz Moosa
    Minhaz Moosa Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #8

The only automations we use at the moment are;

• Add activity when new deal is added (helps us follow up quicker)
    • Send email when client is lost (this is just a really nicely worded email when we lose a deal)

We are trying to integrate with autopilot HQ to automate a lot of the lead process - will keep you updated :)