Importing Real Estate owners where there are multiple owners
I'm learning how to use Pipedrive and one critical thing in my business is sending direct mail marketing and cold calling.
Let's say I have a apartment building (deal) owned by an LLC, "123 Main St. LLC" (the organization) and the mailing address is 1122 Ocean View Los Angeles, CA
I've been able to identify two owners of the property who own the LLC
- John Smith - his home address is 9999 Sunset Los Angeles, CA
- Jane Doe - her home address is 3333 Mountain View Los Angeles, CA
I would like to be able to export this information and send direct mail marketing to all three addresses for the single deal located at 123 Main St. I bet most people prospecting are only contacting the property's mailing address and not the home addresses as well
- First of all, is it recommended for the mailing address of the property to sit on the organization or on the deal level?
- Second, I can only add one person to a deal/organization... this is challenging because often there are multiple owners on each property. So it sounds like Jane Doe would be a participant. I am trying to figure out the best way to do direct mail from Pipedrive but found Postalytics can be used to do automated mailing... which is great (so I wouldn't have to export then manually upload lists). Would I be able to either (1) send the data of all three people's mailing address to be mailed using Postalytics or (2) Export a custom view that included the deal, organization, person, AND participants? One thing to note, i would need to make sure the first & last name, and mailing address, city, state, zip are all in separate fields if I had to export.
I haven't found many solutions online of people using PipeDrive for real estate investors/agents, but would love to try.
Edit: I've come across another issue.
The Zapier connection requires the following fields: Postalytics Drip Campaign, First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, ZIP
So there could be more use cases I'm trying to figure out:
- An owner(s) owns a property where the mailing address is the same as the property address (for instance, Mary and Joe Doe at their home SFR address)
- An owner(s) owns a property where the mailing address is different than the property
- Owned in a LLC
- Owned indivdually (i.e. a second home or rental property)
- Additionally, the owners have different home addresses separate from the mailing address (i.e. if the mailing address is a corporate office
So i'm trying to think through, do I use the Deal, Person, or Organization address fields? There could be situations where an individual owns a property, so would you create an organization AND person data type for that owner? Since there could be other LLC owners as well?
I've now confused myself! Yikes.. anyways happy to chat and hear any feedback.
Robert Anderson Posts: 1edited February 2022 #2
You can create the organization such as an LLC with the corporate address. Then add as many contacts to that address and then using the deal to track the "opportunity" and adding custom address fields. I do something similar. Granted, you may have to have multiple pipelines to manage the properties so you don't get too inundated with rotting deals etc. I have 3 different pipelines - one to manage stages of outreach/lead gen (cold call, email etc), one for bounces/optouts/do not contact, etc and one for "Seller interested" through to closing a deal (this is the only really dealflow). Each have their own workflow and act more of a place to place properties.0
Austin Mudd Posts: 2edited January 2022 #3Robert Anderson said:
You can create the organization such as an LLC with the corporate address. Then add as many contacts to that address and then using the deal to track the "opportunity" and adding custom address fields. I do something similar. Granted, you may have to have multiple pipelines to manage the properties so you don't get too inundated with rotting deals etc. I have 3 different pipelines - one to manage stages of outreach/lead gen (cold call, email etc), one for bounces/optouts/do not contact, etc and one for "Seller interested" through to closing a deal (this is the only really dealflow). Each have their own workflow and act more of a place to place properties.
Well, let me rephrase my question as it was late when I made the edit.
With a single family home, Jane and John Doe might own the property. Or John Doe might be the sole owner (not married). In that case, when importing or manually adding deals in to prospect these properties, does it make sense to add the mailing address as custom fields within the Deal or the Organization?
Conversely, some properties, like an apartment property, they usually are owned in a LLC so it makes sense to add the mailing address to an Organization, then connecting people to the organization/deal.
However, I don't want to set up my CRM so i have some deals which have mailing addresses ONLY in the deal (like SFR homes) and some deals which have mailing addresses ONLY in the organization (like properties owned by LLCs). I'm going to be using Zapier to direct mail these owners and it will require me to pull the address information from either the 1) Deal, 2) Organization or 3) Person. So don't want to end up setting things up where 1/2 of the deals get mailed because the Zap only pulls from the deal or organization level.0
Jonathan Wilson_66139 Posts: 5edited January 2022 #4
Austin I have the same need, I use the Organization as the Entity Address, and then use custom address fields for the contacts, and then pull and filter a list of contacts for my mail merge file. Does that make sense? What did you figure our and end up doing? #DirectMail #Campaign #SnailMail #MailMerge0
Iztok Toplak Posts: 16edited January 2022 #5
Try to answer to first part with my experience:
- Deal could have more contact (down left participants)
- Company could have more - unlimited contact
- To send e-mail to more contact / each contact need to be a sigle person
- If you want to send same e-mail to all person you could identify them with participants to deal - it is practical just with few persons - you need to write name in the cc to shop up.
- If you have multiple contact with same company you could filter in the section contact by company name and send e-mail to all them - depend of your version of Pipedrive.