Problem with the fields

Hello,

I would like to know if it will be possible in the future to make specific fields appear when creating offers.

For example:

• Fill in the field n°1
  • If this field is filled in, then make field n°1.1 appear.

Or

• Fill in field n°1, two possible answers: A or B
  • If the answer is A, then display the field n°1.1
  • If the answer is B, then display the field n°1.2

This is something that is really missing and penalizing for our business.  

And you, have you ever been faced with this problem?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Posts: 60
    10 Comments
    edited November 2020 #2

Agree.  Dependency fields is what you're referring to.  The second would be a business process builder.  I would love to see these features, as well as different fields for each pipeline and the ability to hide fields.  @Inês Batata  Any word on any of these being on the roadmap?

• Sarah Johnstone
    Sarah Johnstone Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #3

I was just looking for a way to do exactly what you are saying and am a little disappointed that you can't do this yet.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited November 2020 #4

Hi @Simon PériéChristian Ayala , @Sarah Johnstone , we appreciate your detailed feedback, it's quite helpful for us!

Currently interdependent fields and hiding fields are not in our immediate plans. There are some workarounds:

Different fields per pipeline is in our backlog of ideas but hasn't made the cut yet, unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers while taking into account resource allocations for development. 

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Simon Périé
    Simon Périé Posts: 26
    edited November 2020 #5

Hi @Christian Ayala , @Sarah Johnstone , @Inês Batata ,

Thank you all for your help!

@Christian Ayala  Exactly, it's about dependency fields / business process builde. I was also looking this week for a trick regarding the use of different fields for each pipeline, that is something missing too...

@Inês Batata I understand that these features are not in your immediate plans. I will try the workarounds, but I hope to see an update soon!