Email Activity - Duplication Frustrations

David Hopkins
David Hopkins Member Posts: 1

For 3 years I've been using this software and I'm super frustrated that despite using the bcc when sending emails I then need to create that email as an activity then clear the activity so that it registers when I want to track the activity. This is very painful as I'm carrying out 2 actions for each activity. I was told when we started with Pipedrive that this would be a development but to date, there has been no change #frustrated 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @David Hopkins , thank you for your feedback!

We understand your frustration and appreciate your honesty, as we're always working to make Pipedrive better. 

Your suggestion is in our backlog of ideas but no near term plans unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately. That being said, the team noted down your input for when they'll work on updates again.

PS - We'd like to ask you to please not use the "What's New?" or "What's Planned?" topics in your posts: They are read-only topics used by Pipedrive to communicate updates to our community members. Thank you!

They are, however, the place to be to stay on top of what’s coming down the line: 😉

• Andy Stahlman
    Andy Stahlman Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #3

Bump.  Can this become a thing?  I don't want my reps to have to click that they emailed someone, just to have it show up on the rep activity report. If they BCC pipedrive, it should log that as an email on the rep activity report.  The email report is missing all appropriate headers like company name, contact, etc.... so that report is useless.  As sales managers, we need to demonstrate how much activity is required to get a meeting, how many meetings to close a deal, etc..... Need. ing to click email increases the likelyhood that people will forget, and makes the reporting useless (or just incorrect)

• danuk
    danuk Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2021 #4

I've been with PD for over 8 years and been waiting for this to be sorted out. Sending an email is an action. Actions need to be tracked for performance assessment. The fact that PD DOES track calls made from the system as actions but not emails doesn't make sense. 

Management now needs to merge the emails sent report with the actions report to get a true picture. OR every sales person needs to do double entry - which totally undermines the main value proposition of Pipedrive being good for sales efficiency and effectiveness.  

If someone from the PD product team can actually give a reason why this hasn't been done, nor prioritised for nearly a decade it would be great to understand if we're all missing something here. 

The other community discussion linked here showing brought up again 2 years ago: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/email-bcc-s-counting-as-activities-vs-emails-5ef104f00f97504079216f5e