using draft emails and logging into PD

Damian Frost
Damian Frost Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I dont know if I have done something wrong however every time i forward the same draft welcome intro email from outlook it automatically logs the emails into PD for every contact that has been sent the same email. So when i have a new lead i am reaching out to and log the email it also gives it to every other person how has been sent the email in the past when they were an initial lead.. i think i read that one person suggested that the emails be linked to contacts in PD via the subject line i hope that isnt the case because its just creating a mess in each of my PD contacts... 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #2

Hi @Damian 

By forwarding an email you keep using the same email thread ID and therefore it links together. If you create a brand new email and then copy and paste the body in there it shouldn't link together even if you use the same email subject. This is because it's a new email and sent to a new contact.

• Damian Frost
    Damian Frost Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Mike thanks for the response ... so i am clear are you suggesting i cant use the forwarding of my template email and that i open it and copy subject line, the body, and drag the attachments across each time to make this not create the mess that is becoming pipedrive. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #4

Mike thanks for the response ... so i am clear are you suggesting i cant use the forwarding of my template email and that i open it and copy subject line, the body, and drag the attachments across each time to make this not create the mess that is becoming pipedrive. 

Yep, you'd have to either user the Pipedrive email templates or just copy/paste the copy in a brand new email. Creating a brand new email will make sure it doesn't turn into a mess.