how do I manage a deal that has products that I win on different time tables?

Lisanne Decker
Lisanne Decker Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #2

Hi @Lisanne Decker 

Could you clarify a bit please. So inside won deals you don't win the full deal in one go? Please elaborate a bit on your use case 🙏🏻

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #3

I'll contribute an example - as I've given it before - imagine a subscription or package that has been sold and "won", for a set of products or several (quantity) of one product - but payment is on a payment model. 

Or alternatively - packages that have products that get paid out on different milestones, dates, or thresholds. 

I think there is a difference between a "won" deal and a "fully paid" deal. The latter also teeing up upsell/cross-sell/renewals. I may have "won" a deal but see payments stretching out over 2 payments or even recurring across 3-6 months (which the forecasting reporting is great for - but is that really a won deal in Pipedrive terms?). Is that really a totally won deal if I haven't collected it completely yet?

It's a good question and understanding best practice is totally one I would have to - defining won based on signature vs payment/completion.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #4

Would the solution be to adjust the recurring revenue feature and have the ability to pick different times / milestones where payments are made instead of an evenly weekly/monthly recurring payment? 

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

@Mike van der Valk i think that’s a good start! But the question still stand. Won vs fully paid. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #6

@Mike van der Valk i think that’s a good start! But the question still stand. Won vs fully paid. 

@Jason Prosnitz so winning a deal should still show that you're able to close something right, but we just need to make sure that the payments are spread out across the months to properly reflect your income over a period. So I'd say marking as won is fine, what do you think?