Calendar integration with Apple Calendar or CalDAV

Cibrán Beiras
Cibrán Beiras Member Posts: 2
5 Up Votes

Hi there,

There's really a need to sync the calendar with further providers other than Google and Microsoft. How come such a numerous amount of Apple users are able to sync directly the calendar? And the CalDAV protocol is quite extended.

You're forcing us to use Google, who already knows too much about any of us. There's really no need for them to have an eye on all the business meetings that we have.

I've already forwarded this request to the development team over 1 year ago. Please make it happen!

Thanks!

7 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi @Cibrán Beiras 

Thanks for writing here. I've passed this on to our team. However, it's currently not on the roadmap. I'll do my best to convince them.

I personally actually use a google account as apple ID keeping everything in sync, could this work for you?

• Jade_28044
    Jade_28044 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #3

Hi Mike, 

Could use some help here. My business email and calendar is with Apple. How can I sync with Pipedrive so all my follow ups and existing client calls are in the same calendar? 

• Cibrán Beiras
    Cibrán Beiras Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #4

Hi @Cibrán Beiras 

Thanks for writing here. I've passed this on to our team. However, it's currently not on the roadmap. I'll do my best to convince them.

I personally actually use a google account as apple ID keeping everything in sync, could this work for you?

Hi Mike,

No, it could not work for me, I simply don’t want to use Google or any Google product more than strictly necessary. As already stated in my first message, Google does already know enough from us. And having such a big community as Apple users and a so simple and extended standard as CalDAV I can really not understand how come Pipedrive is forcing us to use Google. I love Pipedrive, but these integration issues really piss me off.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #5

Hi @Cibrán Beiras and @Jade 

Unfortunately there's no other solution besides the hack with syncing Apple to Google and then Google to Pipedrive..

I'll do my best to highlight the need for this to our team!

• Andreas Bachmann
    Andreas Bachmann Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022 #6

Hi Mike,

I would like to support this case. A perfect solution would be if I could simply subscribe the Pipedrive Calendar via caldav into my regular Calendar Client. In our case our Exchange is only reachable via VPN, so a Sync Integration is not possible.

Kind regards

Andreas

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2022 #7

Hi Mike,

I would like to support this case. A perfect solution would be if I could simply subscribe the Pipedrive Calendar via caldav into my regular Calendar Client. In our case our Exchange is only reachable via VPN, so a Sync Integration is not possible.

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello @Andreas Bachmann ,

Thank you! I have submitted this feedback internally so that our team can have visibility!

• Andreas Bachmann
    edited July 2022 #8

Hi Mike,

Kind regards

Andreas

Hi @Helio 

thank you! Another idea - if one is not able to sync a calendar - would be the ability to accept invitations via email ics into the Pipedrive calendar.

Cheers

Andreas

• Matthias Rosenberg
    Matthias Rosenberg Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2022 #9

Hi @Cibrán Beiras 

Apart from Google's hunger for information or possible misuse... in our case, this use is not permitted at all for data protection reasons. It is really surprising why the integration of another format should cause such a problem. Our own developers estimate the effort at a few days...

• Andreas Bachmann
    edited July 2022 #10

Hi @Cibrán Beiras 

The same for us. Google is just plain simple not permitted.

• Aviv Ben-Yosef
    Aviv Ben-Yosef Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #11

I'd like to put another vote in favor of this as well. 

• Sam Tuke
    Sam Tuke Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #12

Same here: CalDav is a must for us. It's a longstanding Open Standard -- well documented and supported by numerous off-the-shelf software libraries, all of which should making supporting it relatively straightforward. You know, when you prioritise supporting the tech giants over Open Standards you undermine us all by putting power in their hands, until the Open Standards alternatives like CalDav, which benefit everyone including Pipedrive, cease to be viable. Please support it.

• Ian_45565
    Ian_45565 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #13

I've been looking at Daylite which is much more Mac friendly. Has anyone else tried it? 

Throuble is, it only works via Apple Mail which I've always found very troublesome and unstable.

• Sérgio Costa
    Sérgio Costa Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #14

Hello

I have tested a few tools and now I am trying pipedrive. I really need a CRM tool, and integration with Apple Calendar and Mail is a must to me. 

I do hope Pipedrive will turn its eyes to this much needed integration. The number is users will increase as Daylite is much more expensive.

Thanks

Sergio Costa

• lemone3
    lemone3 Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi, chiming in as well. We're looking for CalDav as well as also posted in another thread.

Please let's not forget about the security and privacy minded Pipedrive users!

• Jess
    Jess Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello together,

i would also like to emphasise here how important it would be to accept .ics files directly in pipedrive. since calendar sync only works with outlook or google, neither of which we would like to use, it should be possible to accept external calendar invitations in pipedrive. for us as a company, pipdrive also fits wonderfully, but unfortunately cannot be an option if we cannot even read calendar invitations, let alone accept them.

I hope that the topic will soon have a high relevance for you.

Best regards

Jess

• Justin Gregg
    Justin Gregg Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

Yes! CalDAV support, please.

• David Wilkinson
    David Wilkinson Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Same here - CalDAV support Pleeeeeease

• Richard
    Richard Member Posts: 12
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Another vote for CalDAV support 👍️

• patrick.clancy
    patrick.clancy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

yes, please support. It's my 3rd day using pipedrive and so far I can't integrate with my mac calendar or my mac contacts. So far I'm not impressed, with Pipedrive.

• Wolfgang Schwarz
    Wolfgang Schwarz Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I fully support this request! We are a medical institution in Germany using only Mac and, due to the sensibility of medical data, cannot use Google or Microsoft Cloud based products. It is simply unacceptable that Pipedrive ignores the large Apple community with many professional users. Not only with regards to the calendar but also online storage (no iCloud connection).

• rcrozier
    rcrozier Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #22

Also wishing CalDAV (and CardDAV for contacts) were supported as well. Our company can't sync with our calendars or contact address books because they aren't supported. Even Google supports CalDAV as well now.

Is there any update since the original request?

• Jdavis1296
    Jdavis1296 Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment

CalDAV would solve so many shortcomings in the Pipedrive calendar.

• Nik
    Nik Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

Upvote, I need to integrate iCal natively without Google transfer inbetween.

Such basics should be available from PD in 2023 please. Thank you

• Flemming Eiberg
    Flemming Eiberg Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

The Apple Calendar Google Calendar sync creates duplicates, and does not always transfer all data back and forth. For this reason I need direct sync between Apple Calendar (and Contacts!).

This is a deal breaker for me, and I will have to consider switching to another CRM, that meets this requirement.

• engineer
    engineer Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

We started working on building Apple Calendar Sync for Pipedrive.

Anyone interested is welcome to join the waiting list:

https://rf0flt1p27h.typeform.com/to/b5wh3ruS

• Flemming Eiberg
    Flemming Eiberg Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Any idea when the feature will be available?