Note Reporting

Options
Rachel Sisson
Rachel Sisson Member Posts: 1

I would like to be able to produce a report based on notes added and completed meeting notes on a weekly basis - this is to give an overview of the sales persons weekly activity.  As it stands, we only seem to be able to report on deal/activity progress

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

That is correct. There is currently no reporting on the 'notes' object. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Rachel Sisson 

You could try to export out all your notes and run a report in Excel: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000797525-Exporting-data-from-Pipedrive

Nonetheless, I'll pass on your suggestions to our team.

• Gavin Thrush
    Gavin Thrush Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk 

Has there been any movement regarding the reporting on notes?  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2021 #5
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk 

Unfortunately not @Gavin it has not been prioritised at the moment.

• Gavin Thrush
    Gavin Thrush Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #6
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk 

Hello @Mike van der Valk  thanks for coming back to me regarding this. The reason behind this is that our management have been able to have a weekly report when we were using ACT! CRM. Now as I move on to expanding into pipedrive i will need to be doing a lot of copying and pasting to make reports. But as a system pipedrive is a much more user friendly program.  Please could you give it some thought.

Cheers,

Gavin.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2021 #7
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk 

Thanks for clarifying where the need comes from @Gavin Thrush I will pass this on to our team responsible for the notes area in Pipedrive but can't guarantee the priority on this unfortunately :( 

• Jeff Wagner
    Jeff Wagner Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #8
    Options

Hello,

I also have a need for reporting on notes. Please add me to the requestor list.

Thanks
    Jeff

• Eduardo Littuma
    Eduardo Littuma Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #9
    Options

That is correct. There is currently no reporting on the 'notes' object. 

Reporting on notes would be a great feature to have. 

• Connor Baker_84989
    Connor Baker_84989 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #10
    Options

Has this feature been added? Seems strange that you can add notes as a column to export.

• RobYourLender
    RobYourLender Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Yes, let's add this feature.

• Jon Louch
    Jon Louch Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Having the ability to report or extract the last note for each deal or lead would certainly be a good addition and one that we would be using on a regular basis.

Whats the likleyhood of this feature being available in the near future?

• Thiago
    Thiago Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk ,

Thanks for clarifying that this feature is not available at this moment.

Since it's not available in Pipedrive and there are many users that would be positively impacted by having a manner of exporting notes to generate notes reports on a weekly basis, it would be really beneficial to the community to have available a script that performs that.

I imagine that the internal Pipedrive teams already have python/JS wrappers that consume Pipedrive own API. Thus, they could be used to create a simple script that consumes the /v1/notes endpoint and writes notes' content on a .txt file.

Could you please try to arrange with the tech team to provide a script such as that?

Thank you!

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Thiago

You can already in Pipedrive today go to your export data menu and pick a timeframe between which you can export all notes, the items they relate to and the note content into a file. Wouldn't this already help you?

• Thiago
    Thiago Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk ,

Thanks for your answer!

Actually I tried this option that you've mentioned before I wrote the post, however, unfortunately it didn't work.

I want to generate a simple pdf report with all the notes from previous week. The Excel/csv file that is generated from Export is not useful because the cells' content are in html format and contain many enconding errors. Thus, to use it I would need to manually rewrite all the notes again.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

@Thiago - You can strip out html tags using Make/Integromat.

• Michael Carroll_1674
    Options

I need a better way to record sale meeting notes, divide the notes by the multiple manufacturers we represent, and then prepare a monthly call report. The "Notes" section is inadequate. We need to parse information out the the "Note" section and generate reports from that data. What can we do to make PipeDrive understand that this is a priority for their customers? We do not want to be with SalesForce.

• Samo Jurdik
    Samo Jurdik Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Options

In our sales team, we are not using Activities. Unfortunately, the whole performance reporting is based around Activities or Closed deals. For us, the measurement of work is the number of Notes.

There is one report counting Notes, but it is only counting Notes when written to a Person. We write Notes to Deals. There is no report available which would count Notes in Deals.

We are unable to track who works how much.

• shawnem
    shawnem Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I agree with all the above - by being able to export notes for a date range, say weekly, it provides an ewxcellent template for sharing amongst the team at meetings to review what happened on a leads file in the last 7 days for easy reference.

• Hashpower
    Hashpower Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 9 #20
    Options

My company would also like to track this Key Performance Indicator metric (KPI). I want to be able to see how many touch points I had every day/week/month inclusive of

• notes from calls
    • calls
    • meetings
    • activities
    • emails

each of these constitutes a touch point with a potential customer in our system, and it needs to be able to be tracked, both in total but also in individual parts.

• lifeofleon
    lifeofleon Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

Every post I come across here that receives a response from Pipedrive entails them committing to adding it to their to-do list. Yet, despite the passage of years, no action seems to have been taken on these matters.

This would be a really useful, and I'd assume, easy feature to add.

• advanced solar
    advanced solar Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 28 #22
    Options

maybe it would be easier for you to implement this, if you separate all the pictures in the notes.

if you want to add pics, you have to add it as attachment or a separate area pipedrive could create. Then the notes will only contain text and it should be easier to program this to be exported.

just a thought pipedrive!

@ suresh@advancedsolarny.com