Is it possible to create an automation for having a organization label change everytime a deal is wo

For example: Everytime a deal is won the companies label changes to customer. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Posts: 86
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @Stacey Nerz ,

if I understand You correctly it is possible, see my screenshot of the automation below. I have a similar automation in place but in principle the same core idea: 

• Deal status changed to WON
    • update organization field
    • add label under add more fields & choose any of your custom labels (we use cold/warm/hot leads and once Deal is Won Contact Person + Organization labels automate to = Customer

Does that work for You?

Greetings,

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited November 2020 #3

Hi @Stacey Nerz ,

if I understand You correctly it is possible, see my screenshot of the automation below. I have a similar automation in place but in principle the same core idea: 

• add label under add more fields & choose any of your custom labels (we use cold/warm/hot leads and once Deal is Won Contact Person + Organization labels automate to = Customer

Does that work for You?

Greetings,

Thanks @Martin Pfeiffer 🚀 totally missed myself that we updated it, thanks for saving me! I've removed my previous comment 

• Stacey Nerz
    Stacey Nerz Posts: 12
    edited November 2020 #4

Hi @Stacey Nerz ,

Does that work for You?

Greetings,

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer ,

Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for. 

• Stacey Nerz
    Stacey Nerz Posts: 12
    edited November 2020 #5

Hi @Stacey Nerz ,

Does that work for You?

Greetings,

@Mike van der Valk or @Martin Pfeiffer 

Just one last question. When creating the action what is the different betweeen Deal organization (before update) and just Deal organization? As in what is the different in how it will trigger things?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited December 2020 #6

Hi @Stacey Nerz ,

Does that work for You?

Greetings,

Hi @Stacey Nerz 

In most cases these are the same. Only if in the original update that triggered the automation you would have changed the organization linked to the deal then this can be different. So then it's either the organization that was linked to the deal before, or the one that is now linked to it after you've updated it.