Job Title

Michael Barshinger
Michael Barshinger Member Posts: 3
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Job Title is an important field for us. I was able to add it as a custom field but there are numerous places where we need to see it including leads inbox, "people tab" of contacts, "people panel" of an organization, "participants panel" of a deal. 

Can we get the job title to appear in the participants panel of a deal and the people panel of an organization like this for example?

Can we get the job title to appear in the popover, that appears when hovering over a person's name, like this:

5fc6a3ca8f949d4b7851da52_24822.png
5fc6a40567de557dbbde1c3d_59320.png
7 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Michael Barshinger 

Great suggestion if you ask me personally! Passing it on to our team 🙏🏻

• Michael Barshinger
    Michael Barshinger Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #3

@Mike van der Valk This continues to be a source of frustration and others are asking about it too.  See the post from @Erik Mosselaar  here
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/settings-to-improve-workflow-6075339055762110b1247bf9

• Mike Harrigan
    Mike Harrigan Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #4

job title is a fundamental field for a CRM. We need it

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #5

Hi @Michael Barshinger and @Mike Harrigan

Unfortunately right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. With many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. However, I have again made sure our team will consider your suggestion for future developments.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Laurent Wiart_40247
    Laurent Wiart_40247 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2021 #6

Hi Inês, 

Thanks for your input.

I know It's very easy to add a custom field for the Job Title (it's the very first thing I did in my account, along with removing in the contacts array the Labels and replacing it with Job Title).

But still, it seems really weird to me that Pipedrive, as a CRM solution, doesn't have this field by default.

How come a CRM doesn't have Job Title field for Contacts and display it in all the places where the contacts are shown? It's a bit as if a car vendor would tell me : "Sorry, our brand of cars doesn't have speedometer and we don't have concrete short term plans to make this improvement".

Job Title is one of the 5 or 6 indispensible fields needed for any Contact... If it was a default field, it would be possible to:

• Display it in all the visualisations of contacts
    • have the LinkedIn smart enrichment functionality
    • Probably many other uses that I can't think of at the moment

Another important remark: LinkedIn, having close to 700M users (so I guess they know what they are doing), displays this field second, right after the name. It certainly means something in terms of users needs and about the importance of seeing this information right away...

LinkedIn member profile:

LinkedIn Posts: 

• Albert_82625
    Albert_82625 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #7

@Michael Barshinger Thanks for sharing this request with details and screenshot example.

It is really frustrating to keep navigating to the full contact view then back to the organization view just to know the person's job title.

We would really appreciate it if you implemented this feature @Mike van der Valk 

Please keep us posted regarding this request

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #8
    Albert said:

@Michael Barshinger Thanks for sharing this request with details and screenshot example.

It is really frustrating to keep navigating to the full contact view then back to the organization view just to know the person's job title.

We would really appreciate it if you implemented this feature @Mike van der Valk 

Please keep us posted regarding this request

Unfortunately it's not implemented, best is to also write to support about it so they can use their process to request this from the product teams.

• Michael Stanish
    Michael Stanish Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #9

Hi @Michael Barshinger 

Great suggestion if you ask me personally! Passing it on to our team 🙏🏻

I'm new to Pipedrive. I'm frankly shocked I had to look up how to add a job title to a CRM platform for one, then even more shocked to find that it doesn't exist. 

A grave fundamental flaw. 

Jaw on floor. So incomprehensibly weird. 

• Tomas Franke
    Tomas Franke Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Wow, I thought I had missed something in my initial configuration. When we sell to a company, we are actually selling to a person, apart from the name, the next most important thing to know is what position this person is holding. How come this issue doesn't have more votes?

Thank you @Michael Barshinger

• Nomas Prime
    Nomas Prime Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #11

Why is there no option to delete comment? 🙄

• Hans Johansson
    Hans Johansson Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

See job title is a fundamental field for a CRM. We need it! Now! If - or when - we cancel the subscription to Pipedrive, this - fundamental - feature will be one of the biggest reasons. Shame you don't fix it! Come on!

• Gabriel Ramos
    Gabriel Ramos Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hey guys,

commenting to keep this tread alive, this has to be on product roadmap going foward.

Kind regards

• Daniel Jansen
    Daniel Jansen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Flabbergasted. I'm astonished a simple "job title" field is missing.. Fix this, Pipedrive, or a lot of clients will be gone..

• Gary C.
    Gary C. Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Still no fix :(

I saw this:

"I know It's very easy to add a custom field for the Job Title (it's the very first thing I did in my account, along with removing in the contacts array the Labels and replacing it with Job Title)."

What does this part mean?

along with removing in the contacts array the Labels and replacing it with Job Title

• Bronwen Fraser
    Bronwen Fraser Member Posts: 17
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I believe the original question was asking for the Job Title to be included in hover box, when you hover over the person's name in the People List. I have also asked for this to be done as it is annoying to have to open each person to find the (Job Position) you are looking for, especially when you have two or more people attached to an Organization.

• Quality
    Quality Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I am learning the hardway dealing with a small company like Pipedrive since changing from Salesforce. Support is poor and basic knowledge of CRM's is missing. When will we have the job title added?

• Carlton191
    Carlton191 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

Is there any update on this basic ask? I'm new to Pipedrive, but not to CRM and am scratching my head that you don't include Title as a fundamental element to a contact?!?!?!

• Vladimir Vala
    Vladimir Vala Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

How is it going? It has been 3 years already. We need this now.