Automatically assign tasks to a "User" type custom field

Marcus Farnfield
Marcus Farnfield Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi Guys, am currently testing out Pipedrive as i'm looking for a feature and can't quite work out if it exists.

I want to be able to create and automate a list of tasks that need to happen sequentially, in a specific order when a new deal is added, with each task being assigned to a person in our organisation. The twist is that i want the task to be go to whichever team member is listed under a custom field (type User) that i've set up on each client called 'point person'. Is this possible at present?

Eg one client may have my colleague John listed as their point person, and another may have my colleague Liz. Can i set the workflow up to assign tasks to the Point person field, so that it will send tasks to John or Liz depending on who is the client's in question has as their point person?

Hugely gratful for any help you can provide, i've been searching for a system which can do this for weeks! 

Best wishes, 

Marcus 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Marcus Farnfield 

This is possible. You'd need to create the user type of custom field under the deal and then you can use that to assign it to someone in the activity creation of the workflow. I've made a short video showing the process here, hope it helps!

• Marcus Farnfield
    Marcus Farnfield Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Marcus Farnfield 

This is possible. You'd need to create the user type of custom field under the deal and then you can use that to assign it to someone in the activity creation of the workflow. I've made a short video showing the process here, hope it helps!

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for this  -  I had done as you suggest, but did so under the person, rather than under the deal. 

I think doing it under the deal will work, it will just mean that whenever the person is added to the deal, the right point person needs to be selected each time. I can accept that. 

Appreciate your help,

Marcus 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2020 #4

Hi @Marcus Farnfield 

Glad I could be of help and good luck @Marcus Farnfield 

• Andrea_63334
    Andrea_63334 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi @Marcus Farnfield 

Hi there, Can you email this over to me since you've updated the process. I tried to follow the screen sharing and my screen options are different. I'd like to try and create tasks assign to team member when a deal is moved into a different box. Thank you