Unethical business practice

Why am i being forced to upgrade to a more expensive plan to access the information i have built into my pipedrive system and can currently add or delete from, filter, report, set goals and more. Once "Insights" is launched i will be locked out of almost all of the above, effectively this will hinder my companies ability to operate and certainly we see us fail to service our customers satisfactorily, which apparently is the reason of the program. I find this grossly unethical business. I am all for improvements and understand there may be a cost to access those improvements, but you are actually going to charge me the same rate and take away almost all the functionality of your program that was the reason i signed up in the first place.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 101
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited December 2020 #2

Hey, Brian! 

Vladimir from Pipedrive management is here.

First of all I am sorry to see that you are frustrated, and are encouraged to go for a higher tier.

As far as I understand you are afraid to lose the data once the Insights will be fully released?

So, Goals were released in beta for all Tiers (the only difference is that Professional plan has Teams' feature and can set goals for whole teams).

In regards to other difference - you cannot build a report based on a custom field you created (you can only add the custom fields on Advanced plan into a table view in reports).

So far the Insights are still worked on and will be developed further, but even once the full release will be in place - you will not have to re-do all of the reports and all the data will still remain.

If you have some sort of an issue with Insight missing data - Please try:

1. Open Chrome in Incognito and take a look at insights (if that works - the issue is old cache and cookies or browser integrations)
    2. Clear cache and cookies and turn browser extensions one by one until the reports will be working.

I am sorry If I did not grasp the essence, but was unable to find any recent conversations between you and support of Pipedrive.

And hope that it clarified your concerns

And please do reach out via in-app support or [email protected] if you would like to discuss it further!

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Brian Gundry
    Brian Gundry Posts: 4
    edited December 2020 #3

I first raised this issue with Paulo back on August 20th

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited December 2020 #4

I see, Brian, thank you for letting us know.

I hope the explanation above does answer your questions and if not - please do reach out via [email protected]drive.com or via in-app chat.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Brian Gundry
    edited December 2020 #5

Lol what a joke, despite me telling you when and who i  talked to previously you still cannot "grasp the essence" but instead actuallly confirmed the issue i have now. It is not that i am being "encouraged to go for a higher tier", it is that i am being FORCED.

"In regards to other difference - you cannot build a report based on a custom field you created (you can only add the custom fields on Advanced plan into a table view in reports)."

I now am locked out of the custom fields i built into my system unless i upgrade to the "Professional plan"

Please see the below screen shot that clearly shows i cannot select a custom field unless i upgrade. I have now not only lost the main reason i started with Pipedrive (that is the main dashboard that was so functional and user friendly) but now cannot hope to replicate it unless i upgrade. Even then it is nowhere near as good as the original as it takes me minutes to do what i used to be able to do in seconds.

Well done Pipedrive i will upgrade as i am forced to do, but only so long as it takes to find a more suitable alternative.

I would actually be prepared to stay and pay the extra if i could retain access to the old Dashboard, but apparently that isn't an option.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited December 2020 #6

@Brian Gundry 

I see! May I ask - why did you wait 3 and a half month to create a post in here on the community, but have not addressed the issue to support just before creating a post here?

Within this time a lot of functionality has changed and features added to Insights.

What I am trying to do here - is to see if there is a way we can help and what exactly is happening

But, what I am not totally understanding is if the old reports worked for you without having any possibility to configure them or using custom fields inside is there any special part of report that you cannot reconstruct in Insights?

Since Insights always had custom fields' support only on Professional plan - which is the way it has been designed from the beginning - why would you find it as unethical business practice?

Sure, I understand that you prefer old reports, but I am afraid there was a strong need for an update and bringing more functionality and configurability to users.

But also, did you know that on the bottom - you can add custom fields to be displayed on the Table - you can add them in here. So, you can add it using this cogwheel:

https://sharing.pipedrive.com/Sr8L9x

Thank you for understanding,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Brian Gundry
    edited February 25 #7

Like i said, i spoke with support back in August and this is my last message from them as i am sure you can already see.

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry you feel this way. 

In regards of the update, I will reach the product manager of the feature about this.

In the meantime, please have a look at: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011805118-Replicating-old-reports-in-Insights-

So i am still waiting. The reason for posting now is that you had put a date of the changeover DEC 16 in the message displayed on Pipedrive. Prior to that it said something like coming soon. I am a busy owner of a successful business, of which Pipedrive (your job) is a small part of. It was always on my to do list, but it wasn't broken till now, so didn't need fixing till now.

The facts are i am still locked out of those custom fields in the new dashboard and have just one dashboard which means countless actions of changing the dashboard and re applying filters. To get any semblance of what i had before i have to upgrade, to me  i see that as unfair. I didn't use insights as it was, as you correctly state, only available to the Professional plan, i used the Dashboard which has now disappeared so i have to use insights, hence the problem i now have. I feel like i am getting the run around, am i?

Look i am still trying to get your program to work for us, but that requires a large commitment of time by me, something of which i have none of, as this is our busiest time of year. Our previously system failed due to the increased work load, so about 18 months ago i invested the time needed to source, build and implement a new system and i choose your program. I have alot of time, money and information invested in your system so the best outcome for me is to attempt to get it to work for us. This is geniune customer feedback that you need to hear and take into consideration. 

• You have removed part of your program and replaced it with something else
    • The replacement program offers users a greater experience at a higher commitment level
    • The replacement program offers a lesser experience at the same commitment level

I understand that you want to "encourage " users to upgrade, but think you have missed an important point of difference between the commitment levels.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited December 2020 #8

Like i said, i spoke with support back in August and this is my last message from them as i am sure you can already see.

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry you feel this way. 

In regards of the update, I will reach the product manager of the feature about this.

In the meantime, please have a look at: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011805118-Replicating-old-reports-in-Insights-

So i am still waiting. The reason for posting now is that you had put a date of the changeover DEC 16 in the message displayed on Pipedrive. Prior to that it said something like coming soon. I am a busy owner of a successful business, of which Pipedrive (your job) is a small part of. It was always on my to do list, but it wasn't broken till now, so didn't need fixing till now.

The facts are i am still locked out of those custom fields in the new dashboard and have just one dashboard which means countless actions of changing the dashboard and re applying filters. To get any semblance of what i had before i have to upgrade, to me  i see that as unfair. I didn't use insights as it was, as you correctly state, only available to the Professional plan, i used the Dashboard which has now disappeared so i have to use insights, hence the problem i now have. I feel like i am getting the run around, am i?

Look i am still trying to get your program to work for us, but that requires a large commitment of time by me, something of which i have none of, as this is our busiest time of year. Our previously system failed due to the increased work load, so about 18 months ago i invested the time needed to source, build and implement a new system and i choose your program. I have alot of time, money and information invested in your system so the best outcome for me is to attempt to get it to work for us. This is geniune customer feedback that you need to hear and take into consideration. 

• You have removed part of your program and replaced it with something else
    • The replacement program offers users a greater experience at a higher commitment level
    • The replacement program offers a lesser experience at the same commitment level

I understand that you want to "encourage " users to upgrade, but think you have missed an important point of difference between the commitment levels.

Thank you for the reply, Brian!

I can see that now you have an ongoing conversation with support - I will review it and most probably will step into it.

Also, just to confirm - in old Dashboards you could add custom fields into List view and the same is  possible to do in Insights!

Thank you for the feedback, however, I understand what you mean in regards to time investment.

Have a nice week ahead,

Kind regards,

Vladimir