Enable CC in group email.

Options
Jake Nicholson
Jake Nicholson Member Posts: 9
5 Up Votes First Comment

I often want to send a group email and CC additional recipients for certain contacts (e.g. colleagues of that contact). However, there is currently no CC field in PD's group email function. Adding that feature would be helpful. 

A next-best option would be to allow a user to include multiple recipients in the group email function. Example:

• Email 1: Joe, John, and Jack
  • Email  2: Mark
  • Email 3: Betty and Sue

Let me know if you need clarification. Thanks.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jake Nicholson makes sense. I guess right now the problem you have is that each contact gets a separate email? I've passed on the suggestion to our team.

• Jake Nicholson
    Jake Nicholson Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Jake Nicholson makes sense. I guess right now the problem you have is that each contact gets a separate email? I've passed on the suggestion to our team.

That's right. Thanks Mike.

• Merrick Rutledge
    Merrick Rutledge Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

I work on a team of three real estate agents and we have an email that forwards to all three of us. The inability to CC somebody on a group email means that the only option is to reply to the individual that sent it and it means we can’t use Pipedrive as a group communication tool quite as easy. It would be a huge addition to be able to CC a specific email or another user in Pipedrive on the group emails. Please prioritize this! It would make easier!

• Eric Wilhelm
    Eric Wilhelm Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Is there any progress on this? This is a must-needed feature. I'll give you an example. Let's say I'm sending out a group email to a targeted list of sales prospects. I want to CC my assistant/account manager on these emails for two main reasons:

1.) She can see the emails, respond to the targeted clients, and have visibility within Pipedrive's native email feature "sales inbox" and/or her Gmail inbox.

2.) Our company has our Pipedrive email set up as private for security purposes. Unless you are the original sender or are cc'd on an email, you CANNOT see the email within Pipedrive's native email inbox, deal record, person record, etc.

The only current resolution is to manually email every single one of the targeted prospects so you can CC someone on the emails, completely rendering the group email function (which is awesome if you don't need to CC another person) absolutely useless.

This seems like it would be a pretty easy fix, and people have been asking for this reason and others for a long time now, over a year. When can we expect this change @Mike van der Valk ?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi there! Thanks for sharing more insights here, I'll connect with the team working on email features in Pipedrive and pass it along. Hopefully we can improve this in the future.

• Andrew Vickers
    Andrew Vickers Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

So no progress on this in 3 years? Or am I missing something? Thanks!

• Simon Morgan
    Simon Morgan Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Any updates @Mike van der Valk ?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Simon Morgan I just reached out to the team but at the moment this has not been prioritised. I've asked them to consider it for future updates though..

• Kenton Baker
    Kenton Baker Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2023 #10
    Options

@Mike van der Valk As a SaaS business owner and new user of Pipedrive, it's very disappointing to read so many posts like this about "basic" features that have not been prioritized for such a long time. We just purchased Pipedrive and migrated all of our leads only to discover that we have to process them one by one in order to cc another member of our team for visibility/follow-up purposes. Very disappointing.

• Kat Baak
    Kat Baak Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk,

I don't know if my comment will help to push this along seeing as the post started in 2020. But I guess it's worth a shot.

I agree with everything said thus far in the comments. I specifically need to cc my Broker of Record on email blasts so he knows where we are at with all of our properties and can respond if necessary.

Unfortunately, for the most part I have had to resort to sending emails through Outlook with the bcc function or individual emails.

Do you know when we can expect this to be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

• Tamara Bezljudova
    Tamara Bezljudova Pipedrive Team Posts: 11 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Kenton Baker and @Kat Baak ! Tamara here, I am a product manager for the email area. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and specific use cases of where the problem is coming from. Adding a CC to our group email is something we are looking to working on and improving for you at the beginning of next year. At the moment, we are working on items with bigger priority.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments on this.