Default deal display fields

Joel Pilger
Joel Pilger Member Posts: 2

I need to override the default pipeline behavior to display each deal’s PERSON instead of the ORGANIZATION.

Removing the connected ORGANIZATION is not an option. 

Thanks for help!
Joel

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @Joel Pilger ,

Unfortunately there's no setting to change this :( I have tagged your post with the "feedback & feature suggestions" topic so it reaches our team. Thanks for sharing.

• Mike Bekin
    Mike Bekin Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

@Mike van der Valk 

I too would like to edit some of the default fields as they don't really matter to our organisation. 

If we can't delete them, can we at at least change their NAME? 

Right now they are more of a hindrance hogging space..... 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4

@Mike van der Valk 

I too would like to edit some of the default fields as they don't really matter to our organisation. 

@Mike Bekin could you please clarify a bit more. What fields need editing and why are they currently in the way?

• Mike Bekin
    Mike Bekin Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020 #5

@Mike van der Valk 

Sure:

Value - we'd like to call it Profit

Expected Close Date - we'd like to call it Delivery Date.

We should be able to either hide or delete these default fields or at least rename them.

• Joel Pilger
    Joel Pilger Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6

As much as I would like to have those fancy features (like changing the names of fields, etc.), all I really need is for each deal to simply display:

Deal Name
    Person

Unfortunately, Pipedrive ALWAYS displays Organization instead of Person. In my industry, this is not appropriate. We do business with people not companies.

At present, the only way to override this default behavior is to click on unlink this organization – not a good practice – or force the Person's name into the Deal Name field.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #7

As much as I would like to have those fancy features (like changing the names of fields, etc.), all I really need is for each deal to simply display:

Deal Name
    Person

Unfortunately, Pipedrive ALWAYS displays Organization instead of Person. In my industry, this is not appropriate. We do business with people not companies.

At present, the only way to override this default behavior is to click on unlink this organization – not a good practice – or force the Person's name into the Deal Name field.

Hi @Joel Pilger thanks for sharing. I've passed your suggestion on to our team. One think you could do although not ideal but it still kinda links the the deal to the org and makes sure the person is visible on the pipeline.

You could create a custom "organization type" of custom field under your persons. then in there you can store the organization the contact person is linked to so you can still directly link it to the profile and from there click to the org.

It does the trick but nonetheless I've passed on your suggestion :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #8

@Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Mike Bekin 

For this we don't have a build in solution but this might work: https://community.pipedrive.com/question/5e7108006c71353969a39341

• Chris_7784
    Chris_7784 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #9

Agree. Please add this as a field to change. 

• Patrick Egan
    Patrick Egan Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I 100% Agree. We also create deals with people, not with the company. The company is mostly irrelevant for us except for where the person works. I imagine most small businesses operate in this fashion, so I find it really odd that you guys have been sitting on this request for over three years.

• @Patrick Egan you can now have users customize the info they're seeing in the Pipeline view (check out this video starting here: https://youtu.be/7Io-kv95eRA?si=7FU8eFpwXkrarKFX&t=88). You can also have users remove the Organizations from the Deal Card view. To do so, from within any deal click the three dots and then "Manage sidebar sections:

Does this do what you need? If you would like additional support, feel free to reach out.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations